Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to Shaun and Billgear for their hospitality and the lunch. Thanks to SacBill for cooking it for us. Thanks to KBMWRS for heading up VMF donations, and Chetz4d and SacBill for what is going to be an TRULY INCREDIBLE auction item very soon. Thanks to MYTOYS for the use of the helmet while chuck slung me around the track, but the biggest thanks to Billgear for the ride of my life ... he is truly a madman when it comes to racing! I will have to admit, on the last lap, I was regretting eating 2 hotdogs and a hamburger before hand *LOL*. Also even a thank you to my SWMBO for manning the Street or Track booth so BillGear's SWMBO could go watch to see if Bill could make me throw up :: (Although SWMBO was embarrassed when someone asked her about a part and she didn't know what it was *LOL*).

For those that missed it yesterday, we had a blast. More VMFers that I've seen at one gathering since the Knotts show. We had so much fun I couldn't believe it. After the day's events, SWMBO and I spent the night in Napa and toured 5 wineries via a stretch limo before returnning home this afternoon.

So who's got all the pictures? (I stupidly forgot my camera :()

So now it's time to start getting ready for the California VMF Meet-In-The-Middle cruise!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I stopped by there on saturday. I only spoke with kketell for a moment. Not too many others around at the time. Wish I coulda met some of the local sacto area guys.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
My thanks to the Street Or Track folk as well for sponsoring the lunch. My son thanks you as well, particularly for the beans :)

I am in the process of pushing the pictures to my web server. It's gonna take a while, as there are 740 of them :p

It was good to see most of you again and meet a few new faces.

We need to put captions on the VMF photos so that I can remember who is who. I am absolutely terrible with names/faces until I've spent some time with people. It's a flaw in my character, I'm sure :eek:

I did post the VMF photos that my brother so graciously took for me. They can be found here. I like the last two the best, because they show off both the Street Or Track banner and the NorCal-VMF banner.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was hilarious with the motorcyle!

I'm pretty bad with names as well, but I can identify most:
http://mach1.classic-mustang.net/johnpro/misc_mustang/vmfphoto08.jpg

From left to right Chuck (white shirt, no computer so he's not an "official" VMFer), scotty2hotty, kmbwrs Jr.(black shirt), aslan (black shirt w/ hat), kbmwrs (kneeling w/hat in hand), You (Kketell, duh), MYTOYS (behind Kketell), LanceMach (between Aslan and MYTOYS), BillGear and family, me (black hat, dark glasses and all), Shaun and his SWMBO, ralphy (light blue shirt holding black hat), chetz4d (black hat pushed back on head), and SacBill (brown hat).

The ones I don't know are the yellow shirt, the one with glasses to his right, and the one with the glasses behind SacBill.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
John,

I'm glad you didn't didn't lose your lunch in the car, didn't i ask you if you were ok?

I want to thank all the VMFers for coming out, and having a lunch with us at the track. Having fun with your friends is what it's all about!

Special thanks to Mytoys, 66Benchcoupe, DavidG, and Lancemach for all the help at the track. You guys are awesome :: I'm sure i forgot someone, it's been a long weekend :p

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
It sure was a GREAT time!!!!!!! those who stayed had just as much fun on Sunday, the drags were nice added touch this year.

The turn out from VMF was Fantastic and to Bill and Shaun and there lovely wifes what a great lunch they had for all of us.

Sure was choice spot They had must have alot of juice somewhere. you really missed the show last night when some of our VMF campers moved there tent up the hill and left light on while they settled in for evening.

Breakage this year was much better I did my part by going through clutch on sunday so thanks to Lances bad Charma and Iam sure his photo skill all will see my car on flatbed headed out to shop. Thought it was much worse so clutch no big deal no gernading engine or transmission etc.

It trully amazies me what a great group of guys and gals we have in VMF we all get along great and have great time helping each other and haning out at these events.

For those of you who never been able to attend Mini-Nats it is incredable.

News flash however

Next years event will be held at Thunderhill 3rd weekend of June, the Shelby club will still host Open track Laborday weekend at Searspoint but not Mini-Nats next year.

Mark

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
John, did you run your car in the 1/4? If so, what was the best time? I suspect that you are sneaking up on the 13 mark now.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I didn't even take my car. I had been under the mistaken impression that only SAAC members could race. I discovered this wasn't true, but too late to register. Tracey and I just road up in the 4-Runner with A/C and cruise control.

So, I'm no closer yet to the 13's than I was before :(

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well I hated the fact that the FB wasn't done yet but with a 3-4 week completion time for body and paint I ain't complaining. Stupid Rear apron held me up for a week. Anyway got alot of stuff done around the house and I have been watching all the post on the mini-nats. Next year for sure!!! Sorry I missed the party but I hope to see everyone at the BBQ in September, please oooohhh please don't do that on the 6th!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ok ok soo I am getting anxious!! The one in October then! I will have to figure out the drill date for our unit so you will know what weekend to scheduled it on. Since I am sure that is how it will work out!

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Guy in yellow is me, Joe Praxel ... Green 1968 GT/CS #685. I'm the idiot that dumped 4 gallons of expensive gasoline on the first 100 yards of the drag strip on my first run!

I launched way to hard and got lost of wheel hop. Popped open the pop-open gas cap and out it went! Wish I had gotten to hear the crowds reaction.

Joe P,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts