Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running into some issues:

Ive got a Summit stage 1 intake manifold, I wanted the black powdercoat so thats why I have it and a Summit 500 cfm carb.

With the Summit manifold, thick gasket and carb, I am at the exact height as my original manifold, 1in spacer, gaskets and 2100.

My stock snorkel air cleaner will not fit on the Summit carb without a 1/2 spacer.

I do not have a port for the pcv.

I can fit a 1/2 spacer for the air cleaner or a 1in spacer with a pcv port, but not both.

Some say the stock aircleaner will bind the Summit carb linkage.

Do I gain or loose room with a hipo aircleaner?

Ideas?

·
Registered
603 Posts
What summit carb do you have? Looking at the M2008, the PCV port is at the front of the carb on the right side almost below the fuel inlet.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on the PCV port on the summit carb.

I do not want to run a PCV hose to the front of the carb.

Theres not a lot of room on the front, lots of room on the back.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, There is a port on the rear of the carb with a plug in it for power brakes. Since I dont have power brakes and dont intend to have power brakes, I think I will use that port for the transmission and use the port in the manifold for the PCV valve.

That gives me room for the air cleaner spacer with a little room left over for a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, but I would reverse the lines and run the PCV to the carb and trans to the manifold.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think you'd be better off to use that plugged port in the back of the carb for your pcv. That way the crankcase gasses will be distributed more evenly to your cylinders. Using a port in the intake for the pcv could cause problems for the cylinders nearest the port.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Look for a boss 302 spacer. It’s about 1/2” with PCV provisions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts