Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in a few days here i am swapping out my performer RPM intake for a victor jr... does anyone run this in a 69' with a 351w? I just want to know if im going to need to cut my scoop hole a little bigger and get a smaller air cleaner. Thanks

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i may be wrong but, werent u recently unhappy with your cars low end ? if so, that victor wil only make things worse with those 3.00 rear gears. youl also want a good amount of cam with that intake, its a single plane. i may be wrong , and you may have diff gears now or are planning on some. but i just was pondering .

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Great intake if you get some serious rear-end gear , nice lumpy cam , good flowing heads , a manual tranny or a 3000 or so RPM stall converter . If not you might get some bottom end bog . Also you will want a double pumper carb with that intake as a vacuum 2nd carb can be a pain to tune on a low-vacuum intake like that .

·
Registered
670 Posts
Poor choice of "street" intakes but in answer to your question,yes it will clear just fine.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, im putting 4:11's in it, and ive got edelbrock heads (the 2.02 intake version) with a .528, 290 duration cam. Eventually when i get the money im upgrading to a 5-speed, but im not sure which one yet. Im not sure a t-5 would handle my motor... anyone know about that?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Measure and see. Edelbrock's website gives the dimensions
referenced to the valley surface on the block. Do the math and see how much taller the Vic Jr. is - ( I could look for you, but it's your car !)

You can determine the existing clearance by lightly crushing a ball of aluminum foil, around 6" in diameter. You want it soft and "squishable". Put it on your air cleaner and close the hood on it. Voila ! It shows how much clearance you have...
Do the same around the edges of the air cleaner too - there is often less clearance there -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts