Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 coup that I am putting a coyote from a 2013 boss 302. The motor is in, however the intake form the 302 is larger than the normal coyote and my hood does not fit around it. Has anyone else had this problem? The current hood hits around the throttle body of the intake. I currently have a fiber glass hood that resembles the old GT350 hood (with the scoops). I am not entirely sure how hoods are measured and don't want to by a hood that is not going to fit. Maier racing has a GT350 style hood that they say is 2.5 inches higher than a normal hood at the scoops but not sure if that is going to fit or not. Any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks for your time. Here is a picture of my mustang. It is in the forefront of the picture with the 459 on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey look at that, someone else in the world doing stupid things like me, lol. I was in exact same boat except i have a CJ intake vs Boss. I looked all over, because like you said its more of the TB thats the highest point. I tried to cut my stock hood and fit a 69 boss scoop but it just didnt look right. I saw the Maier hood, that looked like it would work but i was scared to take a chance, lol. I ended up finding a cowl hood local that I picked up for $200 so was hard to pass up. Do I love it no, but it clears everything.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Also, it is my understanding that you can swap the intake. For example, from a performance standpoint, it is my understanding that an intake from a Gen III or Vodoo Coyote will outperform the Boss style intake? However, I'm not privy on all of the details, but if you run out of hood clearance options that might be a direction worth exploring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I am running a mustang 2 front suspension. Thanks STRTCAR for the pictures. I think that hood goes well with your ride. I don't think it would work well with my setup though. I would definitely agree with you in the fact that I am doing something stupid with my car though! I am researching putting a GT350 intake on it. Early research says that it is better in the low end torque than the boss 302 intake and it has more top end power so it is the best of both worlds. I will keep you guys posted as to what I find out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I am running a mustang 2 front suspension. Thanks STRTCAR for the pictures. I think that hood goes well with your ride. I don't think it would work well with my setup though. I would definitely agree with you in the fact that I am doing something stupid with my car though! I am researching putting a GT350 intake on it. Early research says that it is better in the low end torque than the boss 302 intake and it has more top end power so it is the best of both worlds. I will keep you guys posted as to what I find out. Thanks for the help.
Personally I would get a ported 18 intake over a gt350, save a bunch of money and make the same power. I probably should have done that instead of getting my CJ intake but man i love the look.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
One of the members who used to be active here, has Aluminator in 65 FB. Here are a couple pictures I took when he visited my shop.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts