Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Wondering if anybody knows if a 1973 coupe hood would fit on a 69/70 coupe without huge amounts of work?

Also any hoods out there that would fit on the 69/70 coupe from other makes/models/years?

Thanks,

Marc Cramer

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Nope not even close..The body styles tend to go two years at a time..65-66, 67-68.69-70 AND 71-73.Why would you want to put on a "different" hood?

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Looks like that's what he said! :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
As others have mentioned, no it won't fit, BUT the '73 hood IS interchangeable with the entire deck of an aircraft carrier! ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
DocsMustang said:
No, 69-70 is by itself.
Thanks, Doc
I thought something happened to Doc...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Marc; I'm not sure what your after, but if your trying to find a different look, there are some after market hoods out there. Maier Racing makes a fiberglass hood that incorporates a scoop thats fashioned after the ones put on Cyclones, Comet GT's, and the famed Cougar Eliminator. Check out their part # MR-697CE. Also Fiberglass Specialties offers one with a 3" Cowl induction #FS-M317. You can find them on the web. Check out the Mustang Depot. There going to run around $450 + Freight.
I'm sure there's others out there as well. Happy Hunting, and Have a Great Holiday!

J.R.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

Thanks everybody.
Why a different hood...just checking what my options are since I have a repop and don't really care for it as it seems very thin and cheaply made.

Marc Cramer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts