Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an fiberglass hood with a steel inner frame and the latch pin is off set to the right by about 3/8. So I have to put the rad support bracket way over to the right to center it in the latch..I’m Having a hard time with this being correct...Here we go again with the pictures Sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The nose of the car could be off to the drivers side. I have that same hood though not at a point to test the hood latch... I plan on using hood pins though.
That’s what In thought also but its straight even though I have not welded the front on just yet...It all measures square and all my gaps are correct and true..I need to know if the hood pin is offset to the right of center of the hood..

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Mine is that way. it bugged me when I did the resto back in 2000, but the car is so much fun I had completely forgotten about it!

Mark

·
Registered
36,494 Posts
I'd like to see the underside of the hood. Since the steel frame is die-stamped, the only way the pin could be that far off is if the hood were badly defective. Did you measure whether the pin is actually offset? If this hood is a recent purchase, it should be replaced by the seller.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hole for the Pin is off about 3/8 from center. No its not recent purchase I got it with the car when I purchased it.

·
Registered
36,494 Posts
OK, then just offset the latch and let it go, it won't actually hurt anything. You sure the latch bracket is centered?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the latch bracket is centered. I would like to know if the latch pin is centered in a steel hood. Anyone??

·
Registered
36,494 Posts
Yes, of course. Your hood is just poorly assembled. But as I said, that 3/8" is not important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts