Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a hood scoop like the shelby's, and also a racing valance which allows more air flow, but I do not want fiberglass. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not aware of either part in steel form. One option for the hood scoop however is to get just a fiberglass scoop that can be bolted onto your stock steel hood. Those run about $60. The racing spron is f/g only though as far as I know.

-Brian

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Yep, agree with Restomod...

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. Candyapple Red with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Agree with everyone else however, you can modify your steel valence to look like the Shelby style with front bumper. Just takes a wee bit of cutting and welding.

I don't see anything wrong with fiberglas but with rock chips and the way people park by Braille, I understand why you'd like steel.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Have to be careful when putting fiberglass on a steel hood.
I've seen way to many scoops look like crap a year later.

[color:black]1966</font color=black> [color:red]V8 Coupe</font color=red>
http://www.geocities.com/2bav8

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've heard, the bolt on one's usually aren't a problem. The ones that tend to look like crap later on are the ones that have to be bonded on. They are meant to be bonded to another piece of fiberglass, and don't stick well to steel.

-Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts