Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have pictures of a 71-73 coupe with a hood scoop (does not have to be the nasa hood) and the rear spoiler. I want to see what it looks like before I jump. In fact does anyone have a stang with an aftermarket scoop on the 71-73 stang. Thanks

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually did thank you. That is my car exactly. But I am not so sure about the rear spoiler now. Its not me.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Fordication said:
It actually did thank you. That is my car exactly. But I am not so sure about the rear spoiler now. Its not me.
Not a big fan of them on a coupe either....

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I was thinking about that hood with a scoop. I have seen some old GTOs that have the dual snorkle air cleaner and I was looking at the price of one. They are fairly cheap. That new hood will cost me about $300 if I buy it locally instead of having it shipped. If I buy all of the internals stuff that is another $600+. Not to mention I am not sure I can get all of the parts but I do weld and if I had the right metal I could get the same snorkle hose that came on the and run both from the hood to the air cleaner similar to other old cars. Have you seen this.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
...haven't seen apost from him in quite a while. IIRC, he was trying to sell the car back a year or two

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Hemi what do you think about using a 67-69 camaro rear spoiler instead of the fastback spoiler?

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well as I have said. I ordered and installed the hood. Now the spoiler is here and I verified that it looks like it may work. The only problem is I am going to have to drill holes in my trunk lid and that worries me a bit. A new one is $175 but can a shop fill in the holes if this does not work? I will have pics of this soon if it works.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you can let me know how and where you mounted the spoiler on the trunk. I will be adding one soon. I mounted one on my previous rusty mustang but it was a hack job since the trunk was rusted anyways.
Yes a shop can weld in the holes if you change your mind but they will have to try to color match the and paint the trunklid entirely.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ya any welder or good shop should be more than able to fill the holes if you don't like the results, but I'm excited to see pictures of what it came out looking like for you. And I wish Desertmustangs.com was still working. Oh well, let's see some pictures? :)

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You bet. I put it in the transmission shop today to get the bands adjusted, the hoses replaced and the fluid changed. If this fixes the slipping in reverse then I am going to have them install the transgo shift kit. Then I am going to install the headers and the spoiler this week. BTW I am having the car painted soon so they do not have to match anything. Thats why I am doing it now.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more BTW its a 67-68 camaro spoiler and the rearend body lines matched perfectly as did the top of the spoiler. We will see if it makes a difference of its ugly as sin soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts