Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I would really like to get a hood tach for my future 69 Mach 1. Does anyone know of a company that reproduces these? How much do they cost? Also, what did the cars that had the hood tachs installed have in the dash in place of the tach reading? The hood tach was a dealer option, and I have not seen very many of them. This and the coolness factor are the main reasons I would like to get one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
" Also, what did the cars that had the hood tachs installed have in the dash in place of the tach reading?"

The hood tach was a dealer installed option. Though I don't know for certain, it's reasonable to assume that the dealer wouldn't bother removing/changing the instrument cluster. If there was a tach in there, they'd probably just leave it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, would both tachs work in sync, or just the one on the hood would function?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
in 69-70 if you got a Dash tach you got idiot lights instead of guages ,,if you wanted guages you had to loose the dash tach and if wanted ,,install a hood tach

·
Registered
346 Posts
The hood tach was a dealer option. Mostly , if you wanted that particular car that day in the show room , and it was a non tach ( in the cluster ) car. Then if you wanted a tach the dealer would install one on the hood. They are rare. It was an option not too many people wanted. No one at this time is reproducing them.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I saw on in a catalog for Fairlanes/Torinos recently. Can't remember for sure if it was Crites or Dearborn Classics. One of them had them listed and I think they were about $300.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I've seen them on for over $500 or more.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are not being reproduced at this time, as far as I know. They are quite expensive. I have a Pontiac hood tach that was modifed with a Ford symbol and the word Pontiac removed from the face. It is a 67 GTO tach. Anyone interested I might sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts