Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Both of the horns on my 68 don't get power when pressing the horn rign. When I put direct power to both horns, they work.

So looks like the trouble is somewhere between the horn ring and them. The fuse must be Ok, since it's on the same cicuit as the brake, front marker and license plate light, which all works.

Anybody experienced that or may have a few ideas to troubleshoot this system in an efficient way? I was hoping not to have to open the steering column parts to get to the internal switch...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Ok here is a shot

1- Power to the base of the steering column - horn circuit? (I would likely just start with #2

2- Power to the horn contacts at the steering wheel?

3- Power to the horn wire (coming from the steering wheel) at the base of the column - while the horn is being depressed or jumped?

4- Power at the horns - while the horn is being depressed or jumped?

At least with this you will have an idea of where the issue is with only four checks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts