Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Awe Kelly, I literally have tears in my eyes. I am SO sorry young one . . .

·
Registered
283 Posts
Kelly,

You will think me a sentimental old guy, but reading your thread here just makes me want to sob out loud . . .

I feel guilty asking this while your pain is so fresh, but I think that your experience proves just how important the whole insurance thing is, and I'd like to try and make sure that I am reasonably protected if the same should happen to me.
At the moment, my insurance company (that has been damned good to me when my son and daughter in law wrecked two of my modern cars) has told me that they will only insure my pretty pony for liability - they will not offer any other options to even approach the value of my car, which I would estimate at $15K to $20K. (I've got $20K in it but am not sure if it is actually WORTH that much or not) So, at the moment, I am running with only liability on my 45 year old, rust free, never been wrecked, antique Mustang. In other words, every single time I take her on the road I am scared to death, and much as you described, these cars DO get a bit of attention and I have already only narrowly avoided several wrecks probably caused by gawking.

My point? Would you please share with me (us) any recommendations that you might have regarding insurance? What would you do differently? What did you do right? What should we do to best protect our investments and our joy?

Thank you Kelly, and again, I really am so sorry about your beautiful lady

·
Registered
283 Posts
Got an online quote today from Haggerty today. I can replace my current liability insurance with full coverage up to $20k and SAVE $100 a year doing it! After hearing of your misfortune, it has moved up my priority list quite a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.