Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
[email protected]. So sorry this has happened. Jane was one of my favorite builds on this site. Like everyone else has said, Jane has alot of you in her and she will not sit idle long. I will continue to follow this thread and the re-build thread soon to come. Good luck and GOD speed on your recovery.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kelly we are all looking on in horror at the damage. After following your build for a long time, it was every Mustang lovers nightmare to see the damage. I am glad that your saftey upgrades saved you from even worse injuries.

·
Registered
404 Posts
wow. My heart breaks for you. I've been rebuilding mine for about 8 months. Not quite to the level yours was nor as much time as you've put in, but, I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel in your shoes. Hopefully your insurance is good, and things come together quickly.

·
Registered
65 Bullit green Convertible ,66 Emberglo Fastback and 66 GT Coupe
368 Posts
Hello Kelly I am feeling so sick that this happened to you and your car! Glad to se that you are seeing a chairopracter. As I had a rear end and then annoying pian in my back a year latter. The Chiro stated it was a clasic result of the rear ender I was in the year before. Glad you are relatively Ok !

I wish the best for you from here on out keep us posted as often as you like. Your Fastback is awesome and will be again Hang in there you have a lot of People pulling for you .
Good Luck
Bob

·
Registered
184 Posts
Kelly, I've been following your posts even though I'm a relatively new member here. So sorry to hear and see the pictures of the damage. I just pray that YOU are OK!! That's a beautiful car you have and I'm sure it will be once again........hang in there!! Its a shame that stuff like this happens, but I guess it does everyday by careless drivers. Hope everything works out in YOUR best interests!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Damn Kelly - You are fine, I mean that car is a fine piece of machinery -keep us posted.

-Macattack

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Hi Kelly,
I bought a really rough 65/66 fastback rear body the other day... I bought it kinda thinking you could use it since the back clip is good. If you need anything off it, it is yours for free. No worries it was cheap...

Just let me know when you get your parts list together and we can work out the same deal as last time.

Call or email me if you need anything. Best wishes, Chris

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Good luck with bringing her back - I know you will. Let this be your last 'calamity' with Jane.

Paul

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Hi Kelly,
I bought a really rough 65/66 fastback rear body the other day... I bought it kinda thinking you could use it since the back clip is good. If you need anything off it, it is yours for free. No worries it was cheap...

Just let me know when you get your parts list together and we can work out the same deal as last time.

You sir are a fine gentleman!

·
VMF Ambassador
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Hi Kelly,

That is so, so generous of you Chris - I really can't thank you enough! As soon as we get Jane to Chas's shop we will figure out what we need. I might take you up on that because I feel kind of bad using his pretty restorable shell to piece Jane back together. I'll email you and see about getting some pictures of that.

You're the best!

To all others: EDIT has been posted in the original post.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Haven't been here long, but damn, that's one hell of a story. I drive a lot for work, over 20K miles per year, and probably another 10K in my personal vehicles... some of the things I've seen are just shocking. I've *almost* been hit, sideswiped, or rear ended by inattentive drivers on NUMEROUS occasions, luckily by me being attentive I've avoided them so far.

However, as most things in life, not all things can be avoided. The 2000 Z71 that I've owned for the past 9 years and taken meticulous car of was sideswiped by a deer a couple weeks ago. Ran out of the woods straight into the side of my truck, starting at the driver side ext cab door. Never touched the brakes because I never saw it, I felt it hit. Did $2,600 in damage. Nothing I could do about it. It's my first "accident" in 15 years (I'm 32 now). It's just a simple new truck and it's been at the body shop for almost two weeks. Supposed to get it back tomorrow.

Your car will be fixed.

Go easy on the old folks... you'll be one someday too. How easily will you hand over the keys?

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Hi Kelly,

You are one class act, Chris. This is what I'm talking about when I say Mustang people are the best. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
well Kelly - sounds like this will all be fixed soon, although at times never seems soon enough. Hang in there and keep us posted - so many of us are interested (including me :) )

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I don't have any spare parts to offer but if you want to meet up and go to a Golden Super Cruise while you're in CO this Summer, you should join us. My Mustang isn't as nice as Jane but it's still pretty nice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry about your Mustang Kelly. I wish you and your car the best.

A guy around here had his 68 rear ended on an off ramp. He got it restore and took pictures throughout the process. He printed the pictures on a poster board and shows it every time he is in a show or cruise. It always gets a lot of attention.

·
VMF Ambassador
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
To all: original post has been UPDATED and a new thread will be started shortly for the whole rebuild. It'll be called "Calamity Jane's Rebuild #2: 2Fast2Furious" or something to that effect. Keep an eye out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Glad you're ok. I've been in a few rear end collisions in my life and, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, they can be pretty scary. Especially in that moment when you know they're going to hit you and there's nothing you can do to get out of the way. My dad takes pictures for the county fire department so I've also seen all too often what happens when they go terribly, terribly wrong. Just looked at the rebuild thread. Also glad that the damage is not as bad as it could have been. In one of the accidents I was in, the rear of the car got split in two. It looked like a Y. Of course it was an Acura Legend.......

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I avoided reading this thread for awhile since I did NOT want to become queasy. I saw your signature change and it sickened me. Having just finished mine last fall after three years as well, I could relate to what might happen to mine in the blink of an eye. I saw your rebuild thread this am and just had to add my condolences also. Hang in there and good luck.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.