Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 241 Posts

·
VMF Ambassador
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
1. Driving under a stated value policy means if your insurance company needed to fix your car...it would be totaled and you would find out the hard way you wanted an agreed value policy.
2. Since you didn't have an agreed value policy in place chance your insurance company will fight for you are slim to none IMO when the other guys insurance company sends you a check for $12k and calls it a day (plus takes the car)
3. You should not have had it towed anywhere but to your house when an adjuster can come look at it. IF you had a 25k agreed value policy you would still be hard pressed to get it fixed.

I'm sorry for your loss. Every piece of sheetmetal from the fenders back (sans hood) has to be touched on that car, plus underside metal, sub frames, roof line issues.....
Yes, it has been towed to my house. It just got there 2 minutes ago, actually. We spoke with the guys insurance company to make sure that we could move the car to my house because we didn't want them to claim that additional damage happened during transport. Many pics were taken of the condition of the car before it left.

Agreed value insurance would have been optimal and had it been an option, I would have taken it. Unfortunately it wasn't so I couldn't, and I guess it's all irrelevant now.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but glad that you are okay. I am always a bit paranoid when driving my classics since people cut in front, and do all types of stupid stuff no matter how cautious I am.

Best of luck with getting everything back to new.

Tony

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mother of god. I'm glad you're okay, if you plan to rebuild it looks like you're going to need a whole new body shell, that doesn't look like it's able to be fixed from the pictures I saw.

I'm sorry, I hope you had good insurance!

I'm glad to see that you wish to rebuild it! I hope to see a thread of progress!

Again I am sorry.. and surprised that he wasn't looking at your car in the first place! what the hell?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Gesss,
Kelly so sorry to read this post. But most importantly you were not injured. I have fixed worse so I'm sure it can be repaired just hope the insurance doesn't fight you too badly.

Let me know what parts you need and I will help you out with that. I also have a couple parts fastbacks that you may need something from.

Hang in there,
Chris

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,024 Posts
Oh Kelly that is a shocker of the worst order. I'm soooo glad you are okay, but as said above do NOT sign anything saying you are uninjured yet. Sometimes injuries take a little while to make themselves known.
And while I understand you don't have agreed value, keep a good attorney or your ins agent in your back pocket and a constant thorn in the side to the geezer's company - for sure they will want to undervalue and end it quick for their side. NO WAY!!!!! Jane deserves better than that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sorry to see that after all your work , but good thing your OK, the car can always be fixed , every time I take mine out I worry about what happen to yours , just remember with everything available for those cars it is repairable

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sh--! I'm really sorry to see this Kelly. Jane is one of my favorite cars on this site and has been an inspiration for what can be achieved. You two have taken good care of each other and I have no doubt you will get her there again. You have spent enough time on this site to know that most of the damaged areas are replaced pretty routinely and you seem to have a good body man. I am sorry you are having to go through this but keep your chin up and I will look forward to seeing your progress as we get our car back.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Kelly, So sorry to see this! :( I hope you are ok? You've worked so hard to get Jane so nice! I hope you can get her repaired soon!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Damn, I knew I didn't want to open the thread. Glad you're ok.

Obviously I know exactly how you feel right now, it will only get worse before it gets better. The easy thing would be to get a different car, but there is nothing like knowing you brought it back from the grave like mine was. It may not have every panel in absolute perfect alignment, but it's still my first car, not a copy. Good luck, if you need corner caps, I have several sets of original ford ones, I'll give you the best set for the cost of shipping. I would use ford on the caps and deck lid if possible, better quality. Repop the rest from a reputable source.

·
VMF Ambassador
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Gesss,
Kelly so sorry to read this post. But most importantly you were not injured. I have fixed worse so I'm sure it can be repaired just hope the insurance doesn't fight you too badly.

Let me know what parts you need and I will help you out with that. I also have a couple parts fastbacks that you may need something from.

Hang in there,
Chris
Thanks Chris, appreciate it. You were actually the first person I thought of when I was thinking about how to rebuild - I was planning on coming up to see your place soon anyways, I guess. We'll see what Chas has to say but I might be needing the rear end of a parts car you've got around... he can do wonders though and I am not a body person, so I don't know. I just know that anything damaged further than quarters is really bad news.

Strangely enough, some random pieces completely escaped damage. The bumper guards of all things are unscathed (did a pretty s**tty job of protecting the bumper!), taillights are fine, and one of the end caps is covered in his paint but appears to still be straight. Given how easily those crack I have no idea how that one worked.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kelly, I feel terrible for you. 3 years of work, 3 days of driving and it's ruined because of a person who had no business being on the road. Such a shame. Keep your chin up.

·
VMF Ambassador
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Damn, I knew I didn't want to open the thread. Glad you're ok.

Obviously I know exactly how you feel right now, it will only get worse before it gets better. The easy thing would be to get a different car, but there is nothing like knowing you brought it back from the grave like mine was. It may not have every panel in absolute perfect alignment, but it's still my first car, not a copy. Good luck, if you need corner caps, I have several sets of original ford ones, I'll give you the best set for the cost of shipping. I would use ford on the caps and deck lid if possible, better quality. Repop the rest from a reputable source.
Really appreciate the offer - think I will probably end up needing those if Chas doesn't have a set sitting around. One appeared fine but may not actually be; the other was totally twisted. Surprised they didn't split since they have a history of doing so.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Oh no!!!!! That is... Not good!

I have a few random 67 parts kicking around, so probably nothing that will swap over, but it's possible something swaps?

.. I'm sure others have MANY 66 parts just kicking around though!

41 - 60 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.