Vintage Mustang Forums banner
61 - 80 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow Kelly, been following your adventures for a while. When I saw the subject pop up my heart broke for you. Glad you are OK. Cars are just things and they can be replaced/repaired.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
As a Pharmacist I wanted to confirm to you that tomorrow you may be more hurt than you know. Injury to muscles may not show up for a few days. I have seen it happen many times. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kelly, I have been there with my fastback. My car was destroyed worse than that at the track in 2011 and I got it back together even better than before. I promise your car can be fixed and I have no doubt (seeing how dedicated you are to your car) that you will be back in the game in relatively no time. Hang in there. Glad you're ok.

·
VMF Ambassador
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
To all those urging me to keep an eye on my neck - I will certainly be doing so. Have a history of bad neck problems (last x-ray revealed that it is curved in the opposite direction than it should be) so I will know when something is up. So far best I can do is keep it loose and moving so the muscles don't stiffen up and lock it into a place where it's not supposed to be.

Best case scenario is that the wreck whipped my neck so hard that it cracked all the way back into the conformation it's actually supposed to be in! Doubt it happened, but you never know. Anyways, I've got a good handle on that. I will not be signing anything saying that I am okay until my car is fixed and I know that there is nothing wrong with my neck (this was impressed upon me heavily)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Also worry about arms (holding onto steering wheel upon impact), legs and chest b/c of belt.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Kelly - Im so glad you are OK, I see a lot of your post and get inspired by all that you did - what is more is that you are already talking about fixing her back up instead of giving up! Good for you. My heart goes out to you too!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Queasy is not the word for your loss. And I'm sure you are physically ok, but more heart broken than any of us. I hope you are able to bring Ms. Jane back, your photos compliment each other. I, like others do want to see both of you back.
Keep your chin up,
Steve

·
Registered
391 Posts
Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear about the accident. She saved you, now you need to save her. But I'm sure you and Jane will come back stronger & better than ever!
Sorry for your loss and good luck with Jane's rebuild!
Pat

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I didn't look at who posted the topic and was put back in my seat when I saw the first picture. I definitely recognized the car. So sorry this happened! :(

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Glad to hear you are alright, Kelly. I feel for you, as I assume everyone else here does also. No puns intended, but the full impact of what happened may not hit you for a day or two. Hopefully a little physio is all you need, but poor Jane will need your support for her surgery. As "keepat' just wrote, she took care of you. No doubt you will return the favour many times over. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,861 Posts
$hit happens.....sorry it had to be your car. Best wishes for a good outcome.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The ultimate injustice is that "blind man in the Toyota" will have his vehicle replaced with another brand new one.

I may be jumping the gun here, but perhaps that floor pan/ frame rail assy from Thoroughbred GT may be of help.

Anyone putting on a car show in the next while, perhaps a donation bucket to help Kelly out. University is expensive and anymore out of pocket expenses will really be putting the squeeze on things. I'm sure she'd do the same for anyone else.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Damn man, I am literally sick right now, I know you've put a lot into that car. So sorry to see that. I had the exact same thing happen to my 70', except the sorry bitch was plastered drunk. To add insult to injury, they gave me a purple geo metro as a loaner for 3 months while it was in the shop. Hope it all works out for you, good luck.

61 - 80 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.