Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Challenge...

Increase the Horsepower output of a stock engine (any kind) through alterations of stock equipment (timing,etc.) and no aftermarket parts.

Second Challenge...

Increase the horespower using a $10,000 budget and your imagination (only aftermarket parts)

begin dreaming...

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
First challenge: Get cold air to the carb, advance timing, use a hotter spark plug, remove any smog and unecessary accesories. Cut the mufflers off?

Second challenge: Well I've got about $10k into my drivetrain. Subtracting the cost of the rear and trans, I could add a SCAT stroker crank, rods, and pistons; more cam, lighter lifters and rockers; a bigger carb. . .

$10k for a dream motor doesn't seem that much. Why set a limit? This certainly qualifies as a dream motor, IMO. I'm sure it cost well over $10k to build. . .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending on the engine there's not a ton of stuff for an oem engine unless you can use dealer parts. Af for the dream engine... a buddy just sold his 545 with BT heads. Dyno'd at 770. Got $8500 for it. You can't build one that cheap!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
This is definitely my dream engine. Didn't see a total cost amount there, but i'm sure it's under 10k. BTW, this is what's going into the Mach when the body work is done. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts