Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two round rubber pads on the front bumper of my recently purchased 1965 coupe. The previous owner says the original owner told him they were on the car new. There were chrome horseshoes on them originally but were stolen years ago. I can't seem to find pictures or any info on them. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I know ive seen them before, but cant remember where. Based on the looks of them, i dont think they were original equipment or an option on the car, most likely aftermarket

G

·
0 Posts
I have seen them in one of my catalogs. I believe it says they are repros of a dealer option. I thot they went on the back, from the looks of them. Ya know, like, kicking up your heels if you are a pony...

Dan
Be a good dad to your kids and phone your mom twice a week...
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1589115&a=12097562&p=43884454.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
I saw a set on ebay a while back, If you search completed items, you'll probably find them.
Dan

every man must have a toy
98 Dodge Ram (mobile tool box)
97 Grand Cherokee (family hauler)
66 Coupe 289/c-4 (The Other Woman)

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I think these were available from JC Whitney for awhile. Saw a mustang at a cruise that had EVERY chintzy JC Whitney add on ever offered....

Headlight visors
Horseshoes
Galloping Pony Hood Ornament
Even that spiral antenae bolt on for increased reception...

Unreal. The rubber things you mention were available in the dealer accesory catalog and I believe the horseshoes were just white rubber on the black pad.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

G

·
0 Posts
My local Mustang shop has a pair in the counter. He said they were dealer installs.

Chris

'67 Conv. 289 C-code Frost Turquise
'99 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4
'01 Ford Escape (wife's car)

G

·
0 Posts
My '66 coupe has horsehead bumperettes in front and horseshoes in back...hard rubber...color is black and white...held on by a bolt going right through the bumper...the original sales order shows them as "Bumper Guards" and the pair cost $4.00

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a picture...
http://www.mindspring.com/~dmazur/65_front_bumperettes.jpg
Thanks for everyone's input. I sounds to me like these had horseheads on them and that they were probably aftermarket dealer addons. Please keep sending me anything else you run across about this option. I've yet to see an actual picture of what they look like. Also, if this was your car and you found out they were in fact dealer installed, would you keep them on your car? I'm not sure if I like them... The car has lots of other options that I would never dream of removing (disc brakes, console, rally pac, passenger mirror, AM) and the car has never been restored/modified. Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts