Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just here to harass the bent eight guys a little more. Since I don't have a way to host any images I'll have to ask that you follow the link. That is, if you are ready to swallow the reality /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

http://www.geocities.com/jryelverton/250.html

That's an Argentine 221 Max Econo cylinder head. The first ever north of the equator or ever bolted onto a 250 motor for account. There's a .480" lift cam, 226* duratation @.050" residing in the block, flat-topped pistons from a 255 V8 and currently, yeilds a compression ratio of 10.4:1 which may end up being a little high for the street. It's all lit off by a DurasparkII dizzy and hopefully an MSD 6A will be tossed into the equation soon. I'm looking to begin the intall later this week. Thanks for listening!

Later,

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
That looks like one bad little 6...... Still has nothing on our 8's though :eek:) *G*

Well, you never know... it may give some 5.0's a run for their money....

-Dave Flak

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Looking good John, Are you planning on running it on that 2 bbl intake for a while?

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,

Actually, not any longer than I have to. They made an earlier version that had much larger runners and had a factory Holley 2V flange unlike this one with a Weber/Holley 5200 pattern. I've got a guy who made 4 bbl aluminum intakes for these motors who promised me one as soon as he recieves them from his foundary. On the other hand, the guy who sent me this head has an early intake with the bigger runners. I am going to trade intake with him (cuz a 4bbl is just overkill), and then I had a 2bbl GM TBI setup with re-programmed computer in the woodworks planned for that intake. A lot of things that could go wrong, but that's the plan. I have a friend currently making me an adpater so I can run a 2100 Autolite I have in this intake for now thout. 351 cfm off a 351 in a '72 Galaxie.

Later,
John

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Nice and clean! Great job!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1617612&a=12349055&p=45163239&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg
[color:blue]1969 Mach 1-in restoration</font color=blue>
[color:green]I got my stang on April Fools day. I wonder if that means something....</font color=green>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good! I can't even imagine what kind of things would happen if us V8 guys had half the ingenuity of you guys with inline sixes.

-Brian

66restomod's Home Page
[color:red]Updated: 4/13/2001</font color=red>
"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."-Eisenhower

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking great John. But the Aussies also make a decent looking head and intake combo. Here is a picture of mine. As you know I had the head brought from down under and mounted it on a 200 CI block
Rick
PS: You V8 guys don't know how lucky you are that you can get all the goodies you want, we have to make do.

http://members.home.net/ricksmol/goodmotor1.jpg

http://members.home.net/ricksmol/goodmotor2.jpg

[color:blue]66 Coupe 200-C4 / 250-2V Aussie Head/2150 Motorcraft /Clifford Headers /Duraspark /MSD /Disks /TCP rack /8" rear</font color=blue>

[color:red]Rick's Pony</font color=red>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ricksmol on 04/15/01 11:45 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To Inliner and Rick,
You guys are building great motors. I would be proud to be dusted by either
of those sixes. Whenever I see those motors I imagine how much room there is
vacant on the sparkplug side that is just begging for a supercharger.
Good luck.
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43366578&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Ohhh boy! I LIKE IT! A lot of people will be scratching their heads looking at it... especially after you've wiped them out at the strip.

My engine in the garage shelf looks plain in comparison. Pic will be up soon at my site. I just spent Saturday getting all the [email protected] off the engine just so I can look at it and remember what it looks like.

Keep us posted!

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
6,968 Posts
This is just a fantastic project. I commend you for taking such an innovative and imaginative approach to your project. If my car had the 6 in it, I would hope I would have this much gumption. It would have been simpler to swap to a V8, but I agree with YOUR approach 100%. You are really creating something unique, at least for now. By that I mean that you may find more inliners following your lead.

Good luck as you continue. Please keep the group posted.

Phil

'65 Convertible (with many mods.)
http://www.blueriver.net/~finite/Pony.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Thanks for the kind words guys! I think we may have actually gotten thru to you /forums/images/icons/wink.gif We're just trying to liven up the car shows a bit. I mean, I could have easily put in a V8 by now after upgrading all the rest of the car to V8 components, but I'm tired of everyone saying "*Duuuhh*, You got a 289 in there?" when they see the dual pipes. When I'm done it will run 14's and like you say, that oughta put a few 5.0's to shame. I don't think I have to worry about our "exotic" sixes becoming jaded too quickly. It's a rather expensive adiction for the power you get per dollar. It's no race car though. That will have to wait till later in life...

John

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've got a 289 in my '66 but I think what you've done is fantastic. Great job and please keep us posted on your progress. Thanks for sharing the pix.

EdK (Ed Kennedy on old forum)
'66 Coupe, '94 GT Convertible, 2000 Explorer XLT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gotta admit John, nice job. I am looking forward to seeing it run, as long as its not running against my 302 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif hehe when my 302 is done we will have some fun and put it to the test. Although if u win u better not put me to shame on VMF! lol

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

1 - 13 of 13 Posts