Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got back from Reno, did the run in 5 hours flat. I was coming down the road somewhere this side of Susanville and saw what I thought was dust in the road. Turned out to be the biggest flock of bugs that I've ever seen in one place at one time. The Thunderbird now looks like it's black with flames....... but the flames are a kinda' ugly yellow............. *G*.

I really enjoyed meeting all the VMF members that showed up for the breakfast, cruise, and BBQ. MYTOYS, thanks for setting up the breakfast, great choice on the venue! Sacbill and I spent a hot day at the swap meet and after several cold drinks found some goodies that we couldn't live without. I think everybody had a good time and I tried my best to make sure nobody left hungry from the BBQ......... *G*.

To everybody that came, nice meeting you'all and we're going to do it again next year, even better! Savannah also says nice meeting everybody, now she has faces to put to names............ *G*.

Kent, next time were going to hide your coil wire so you can't leave so soon...... hehe.

We should have some pics up and posted soon.

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hal,

Thanks for the BBQ it was great. The kids and I really appreciate the hospitalilty. Let me know the next time you come into town!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Darn!!!! I missed the swap meet AND a BBQ!!!!! now I'm really mad!!!!! lol!!!

I guess it is a good thing I didn't show up.....you'd be feeding this big ol OX!!!

where do you live Whisperer? I'm at school IN Santa Rosa

next Hot Aug nights I should have my little beast ready for sure!!!!
Now I'm waiting on the alum driveshaft from Inland empire.

regards

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I am truly sorry that I missed all the fun. I think that next time I will do better.

The replacement fan will be her on Wed or Thu. The pony will ride again this weekend.

-Kent-

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I had a blast, despite all my car problems. I forgot to give you back you anti-freeze bottle, too. You, Mytoys, and msgjvh went way above the call of duty on this. SWMBO and my daughter (would that be a SWMOM ... she who must obey me?) had as good a time as I did.

I appreciated all the jump starts, the great food, the great company, and of course the VERY COOL HATS. I was sure to rub it in the faces of all the Bay Area VMFers that I had a cool hat and they didn't at the BAMA show on Sunday.

Glad you made it home safely, and without further anit-freeze worries.

How did MYTOYS do in the finals? I didn't stick around 'till the end, as I was worried about the car, and how/if I was going to take it to the BAMA show the next day.

P.S. How do I order one of your t-handle locks? I'll be buying 4 here in the near future. That is a very, very fine product that you've come up with. I had every intention of writing you a check and taking your sample with me, but my mind was on the car, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey it was great to meet you and the boys and thanks for leading up the cruise. It was a real asset to have someone that knows the route well to lead the way! Definately see you next year.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Hal, it was great to meet you and your wife and do some hanging in the heat. (Imagine a swimming pool full of leimonade. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) Hopefully, we'll all get to go through it again next year with an additional cast of characters!

And, thanks for the very cool hat. It's really cool. If a person was at the BBQ they'd now own a very cool hat. (There. Have I stirred up the envy, yet?) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey John, I'm glad to hear you made it back OK with no cooling problems. I didn't have any more problems either, I think the 'bird was just marking it's territory......... *G*.

I was wondering how MYTOYS did also, hadn't heard.

You can order a T-Lock by clicking on my banner below and going to my web site. Just follow the "How to Order" link. Hey, that shroud I was talking about is 3-1/2" thick to go clear over the fan and is made from fiberglass so it will hold it's shape. The price is $79.95 and doesn't have those gaps.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Hal, Glad you made it home ok. I too made it home safe and sound. Thanks for everything!!!!!.

I did'nt make it anyfurther than the finals, its next to impossible to compete with the 30 and 40's cars when it comes down to finals, Winner was a very nice 34 Hi boy well done and locally owned.

I was just happy to make it that far as was the only 60's car in finals which too me was as good as winning.

It was great meeting up with everyone, had a great time can't wait till next year!! Hope we can get others to plan early and join us.

Mark

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
You may have something Bill if I'd only get a Vette crate motor and a trailer I'd be set!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Thanks for organizing such a great event Hal. I really enjoyed the food, and the hats were awesome! I look forward to cruising with everyone again next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts