Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Hot Aug. Nights is fastly approaching. The dates are the 31st of July to the 8th of August.

If you're planning to attend it would be a good thing if you started looking into hotel reservations as rooms will fill fast.

Nor-Cal VMR'ers... I'll be driving up on the 30th of July (Friday) and staying with a friend. Is there any interest in getting a few Ponies together for the drive up? Another option is Saturday morning but with the temperature consistantly well into the 90's, I'd hate to deal with driving up in the heat (hey, I have no A/C) and dealing with the already underway events!

It'd be nice to see 4 or 5 ponies making the charge on Friday night! ! ::

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
If you haven't got a motel/hotel reserved by now, you can forget it. Probably the closest you'll be able to stay is in South Shore or Truckee, and you'd be lucky to find a room even that close. I made my reservations for Saturday night about 3 months ago, and played hell trying to find a vacancy back then.

I'm going up Saturday morning. I'll probably leave about 6:00 am to beat the heat, like I've done the last couple of years. It would be nice to be able to get some of the VMFers together some time on Saturday like we have the last 2 years, but I know whisperer is not going to make it this year, and he's been very instrumental in planning the Saturday VMF Hot August Nights events in the past.

We should all at least meet somewhere for lunch on Saturday, if we can't organize another cruise.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Living here and being registered, I will be attending every and all HAN events. I have always wanted to meet up with the VMF folks, but plans always coincided with another HAN event. If you guys are planning a get-together, try and plan it around the HAN events! Officially it doesnt start until Tuesday, so if Something is planned for Saturday the 30th, that might work.

Also, of interest...there is another big event that happens in Carson City on July 29-Aug 1 called The Silver Dollar Classic. Carson City is only about a 20 minute drive from Reno, and this is also a fun event if you're coming down on those dates. Here's the website http://www.silverdollarcar.com. Anyone interested in hitting that, I'd be glad to join you there and help out with directions, etc. After all...I'm born and raised here and know my way around!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might be down for both. I'm coming up the night of the 30th and staying through the 1st at least.

Maybe the Nor Cal guys who are driving on Saturday can roll up the 50 and stop in Carson before they get to Reno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts