Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the recent talk lately about which is the best small block combo (ie stroked 302 or stroked 351), I figured I would go out on a limb and upload the recent 13 page article done by the late model mag "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords" wherein they did some real world tests on quite a few popular combos available to us. I figure the more info there is out there, the better an informed decision we can make, especially in light of what all this costs in terms of dollars and time spent. Good reading!

HOT ENGINE COMBOS

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have that issue. There are a lot of interesting engine setups there. It shows that it doesn't take much to get 400HP from a 5.0 engine.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks! Interesting combinations. A well balanced system (IE package) can really perform. Now I am even more eager to get my set-up on a dyno, did I waste some money or did I guess right?

·
Registered
192 Posts
A friend of mine was at SAAC 27 and said that a lot of the cars have the 347 stroker in them. They were very fast and had a different sound to them, easy to pick out going down the straights at full throttle. It seems to be the hot combo right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts