Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we in the Northeast have our own little forum, I thought it might be fun to try and get together, celebrate the last of the road-salt, get our cars out (if they're drivable - if not, bring any car,) and have some good food.

I'm pretty good at arranging logistics and schedules, but the original ideas are tough for me. The usual suspects that are central to many of us could be New Hope, PA, the Poconos, the Jersey Shore, etc., etc.

Would anyone be interested in getting together in late March or in April (weather permitting, of course)?!? Anyone have better ideas for a part-day gathering that could include tire kicking, driving and lunch?!?

Discuss amongst yourselves.... and feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

Tom

G

·
0 Posts
Three cheers for the Jersey Shore!! My wife and I like to go there and it would be the perfect excuse for a road trip with the pony. Just tell us when.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses!!

How does this sound? March 29th or rain date April 5th in Red Bank, NJ?

There's a bunch of decent restaurants on or near the waterfront, there's tons to see in the town, and it'd be a fun drive to get there!

How does this sound for an itinerary? - Meet at around 11am - 12pm in the Freehold area, (meet, greet, & kick tires) and then caravan to Red Bank (about 10 miles) for lunch and checking out the town.

If this sounds good, I'll start getting parking and reservations set up. If anyone is willing to help me, please let me know!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ray - My idea was just a get-together. Bring any car. That goes for everyone, too!! I know I'm lucky to have the car pictured below in full-blown running order, but some of us aren't so lucky. I thought it would be good to get whatever cars are running together, and any VMF'ers wanting to meet for a "chat & chew" to come on out.

I need to get my own itinerary in order, and I'll post some more formalities!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My car won't be road worthy either by then and I'm have some dental surgery done that Wed. but if I feel up to it I'll be there. Doc said I'd be out of commision for 2-3 days so it will be alast minute thing for me if that's ok.

·
Registered
107 Posts
count me in too!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK - I am researching restaurants and parking in Red Bank for a gathering this month (or early next month.) I will post a new thread by the end of this week with plans, details, requests and contact information. I was waiting to see if SWMBO would be coming, but since she is about 5 months pregnant now, it's a day-by-day decision.

So here's the preliminary info - March 29th or April 5th, meet in Freehold, NJ to gather, kick tires, meet & greet, then caravan to Red Bank for lunch and checking out the town. Bring your Mustang - or if your Mustang isn't ready or available, bring any car! I'm looking forward to seeing many of you there!!

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts