1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can't get your link to work. I signed into Yahoo like it prompted, and still didn't work. I get the following message: "The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible."

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
thats not too bad, I had a football sized rust hole in the floor of a 1980 Ramcharger, I just sanded it, used rust converter, rubberized undercoating, and then cut the edges off of a cookie sheet, bent it to fit the floor, and then welded it on, then put on another layer of undercoating. Well......that was probably okay for a beater 4x4, but you may want to do something nicer with a stang. ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Ive seen much worse....but it's cause may be the worst part.....

The car may have a rotted out cowl.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to do it right except right now Im low on cash and I know rust repair is expensive. Can I continue driving the car without worring of falling out and hold it off for a couple of months? Or does it require imediate attention?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thats not bad at all. Clean up the metal. Cover it with some good rust inhibitor (POR or eastwoods) The fiberglass should be fine for pin holes if it is the same when you are done cleaning (not worse than pictures ). That should be cheap enough and could be permanent if done right.

The cowl is the big one. Take out the heater and vents and check the hats. If it is just a hat then get the plastic repair hats and fix. If worse I would find a way to keep the moister out (cowl vent cover). All this could probably be done for the cost of a new carpet set.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mustang Monthly, Sept. '03, pp 56-60 just did an article on the cowls. Looks intense to me. As far as the floor-pans, they are cheap to replace...it's getting them put in that is so [email protected]#& expensive. Mine are still in the garage, waiting to be installed...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts