Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to feel a little weird as I am accumulating boxes of 'spare' parts for my '69. Parts that I could not buy at the local auto parts store. Some NOS, some used, some repro; but all for a vintage Mustang and none on the car (yet).

So just how valuable is your stash? And while we're at it, what is your prized 'spare' part? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds like we're at about the same point in our projects. I have shelves filled with NOS, original and repro. parts also waiting to be installed. Good news is the car should be home from the body shop next week. Looks like I'll have plenty to do to keep me busy this winter assembling the whole thing. I can't wait to get started! I'm sure I'll be asking some questions of you guys and gals.

G

·
0 Posts
I have about $15-20k worth of NOS and used parts scattered in the garage, attic and walk-in crawlspace.

·
Registered
21,016 Posts
I won't say too valuable. My most prized part(s) Hmmm, maybe the factory 4 spd shifter that's in excellent condition. Bought at a local swap meet for $75! This was about 4 years ago, it was the end of the show, I really didn't want it. I low balled the guy, even thogh he wasn't very happy about my offer and grumbled, he still sold it to me! I also have a toploader in great shape I bought for $225.00!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
most of mine are OOS (old old stock) and pretty well get tossed as the new comes in...I am buying it as I need it. I do have some saddle interior that I don;t intend to use and a grant steering wheel. Nothing rare here, just a bunch of tools realy. Now if you want to talk bicycles, I probably have as much NOS as charles does for Mustangs :p .

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My "spare parts" stash actually consists of original parts I've removed from my car and replaced including:

One set of four '67 "styled-steel" wheels with BF Goodrich radial T/A's, 4-speed toploader, air-cleaner housing, stock "S-code" GT intake manifold, rear leaf-springs, front coil springs, chrome wheel-well mouldings, scuff-plates, 390 valve-covers, strut-rods, radiator, thermactor system, etc., etc.

You get the picture... :)

I'm hoping to add the 390 motor to that pile of parts when I find that elusive 428!! :D

Rick

G

·
0 Posts
I have a bunch of 69 parts-mostly little stuff like interior parts. Lots of FE parts. I cant stand to throw them out. Some things are worthless like the gas cap that is so cracked up you can't see the running horse. But if someone needs something I am glad I kept everything. One mans trash---

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If I list everything I'll have sinpac, pocketperch and deadlift beating down my door....
Maybe it was my 69 all original dash that I bought from this site several years ago in perfect shape for a great great great price, or the 428CJ heads in perfect shape that I traded a $50 rearend for them.
When everything is back on the car I'll know more what I have extra of.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
This server doesn't have enough storage for me to list my spares....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have been accumulating since 1977. Sticking with just the 69/70 mustang parts...NOS dash pad is my jewel.
I can't even begin to inventory the stuff. You know you have the right amount when your brother needs an
upper A-frame bushing for his 70 and you can go pull one (NOS) off a shelf beside the ball joints, brake pedal pads and
2 1/2 sets of twist off hood locks. Bought these things at the Ford house. Some have gone away, such as the shelby
console I bought ($27.00) and the Motorcraft tune up kits (remember the round tins that had plugs, points
and condenser!)Throw in a few parts cars..Mustangs, Cougars, Torinos, Trucks, Granadas, Vans and even a station wagon and
a ranchero. It can be a bit overwhelming at times.
Bruce (Location unknown)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Geez, all I have is the 408 on a stand and one used door panel I pulled off to replace with a repo one.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I would be afraid to put a value on all of the NOS parts I have in my garage.
I have a couple of fenders, as well as maplights and consoles that are probably worth the most $$$.
My wife seems to never forget what all is stashed in the garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts