Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO put glowbal west leaf springs (along with bushings and such), handles great but it sits way low, not to mention the front is high, looks kinda awkward. Was about to get new heads for more power, but the naggin thought of gettin real stopping power took over, so probably gonna get some wilwoods or the like, but that means 15" rims (have 14"). While I'm at it, might as well get some bigger wheels in rear cause right now, off the line i'm only good for sweet burnouts, forgot about it when i trans brake to 2500. Sorry this is so long, but whats best way to raise the rear, or how can i get bigger tires on there? Right now theres 245/60/14 (o.d. 24") and by the looks of the tires, they've rubbed the fender. I've ruled out air shocks. Different shackles, new leafs? should also roll the fenders a bit, thanks for any thoughts... those AFR 165s are gonna have to wait till at least spring...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd go with different rear leafs or slip in a 5th leaf at the local spring shop.

You could do the longer shackles but then with that you may need to adjust the pinion angle in relationship to the transmission with shims and so forth.

My 0.02 *FWIW)

·
Registered
37,717 Posts
Make sure the PO didn't put lowering blocks in between the springs and the axle too. If so, take 'em out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts