Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to give us an update?
Stan

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Enquiring minds want to know! Who ran well?

Overall very productive day, sorry I missed the drags! I got a lot of work done so it was worth it. I went to Packy's and bought a couple of vent windows (just the glass) and a fastback vent drain and some dash pad trim.

I also went and visited the car and with Jeff Tepper's help removed all the door latches and did some other misc. work on the car like fitting the antenna and drilling holes for the tank armor.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My best run in my 91 GT was 15.24 at 92mph! Not bad for a 16 year old stock 5.0/AOD. I'm relieved I wasn't running in the 16s. . .
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/689808/2538918/282184846.jpg

I only got 3 runs before we were rained out, so you didn't miss much. Johnpro got 4 runs in but did not break into the 12s. . .

Robert

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Justin, you could have come by and gotten the rocker mouldings.

Frank

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I posted my times in the track forum. I got 4 runs in, each run progressively better than the one before. Traction is still non-existent, so my 4th run, which was my best run yet was still only a 13.077 @ 111 mph. That was my best E.T. Best MPH was 113, which is down from my previous trip to the track in Scary.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Scary needs mickey thompson track shoes and lightweight weld wheels!!!! How about electronic traction control built into your MSD box?That is a great speed and 13.077 is nothing to feel bad about. The 69 sportsroof is a heavier car than your 66 coupe, so are really going faster than you thought, compared to your 66. In fact, you probably are thinking of junking the 66 now. Afterall, it is an old car and slow. haha.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Wow! John, 13.077 is some pretty quick running. Sounds like Scary is capable of 12's. My son and I were discussing his 69 SportsRoof and he thinks his will run in the low 13's. I'm saying no, but we'll have to get him out for the next VMF drag day. Wow! 13.077 @ 111 mph! Wow!

Later thought: Do NHRA rules require that you have a roll bar in a hard top car under 13.00? Helmet only between 13.99 and 13.00, right? I know they require a bar and helmet for a convertible running below 14.00, but I thought the rules for hard top cars was a second quicker.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
RagTop said:
Wow! John, 13.077 is some pretty quick running. Sounds like Scary is capable of 12's. My son and I were discussing his 69 SportsRoof and he thinks his will run in the low 13's. I'm saying no, but we'll have to get him out for the next VMF drag day. Wow! 13.077 @ 111 mph! Wow!

Later thought: Do NHRA rules require that you have a roll bar in a hard top car under 13.00? Helmet only between 13.99 and 13.00, right? I know they require a bar and helmet for a convertible running below 14.00, but I thought the rules for hard top cars was a second quicker.
NHRA rules don't require a bar until 11.49's now. But yes, a helmet for anything under a 14.00

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Saturday Drags go through March. We all got rainchecks for the rainout so keep an eye out for when we go again.

btw- why not race instead of watch, my wife had a blast taking her Cobra down the strip for the first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts