Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know how you guys stumbled across the vmf? I barely remember finding the site but i was so amazed by the amount of information and the genorosity of the people on this site that i barely remmber how go to it! I think i did a yahoo search and it came up so how did you guys stumble across it? I know since ive found it cant keep off of it and contantly checking the forum abnd always looking forward to the chats at night! THANK YOU guys

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I found the VMF through a Google search entitled "burnout videos." Hehehe... Bob's burnout videos of "his mustang behaving badly" drew me here... I happened to click on the forums and I've been hooked ever since.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I just typed Mustang in my search and this was one of the options.
it`s the best site I have come across yet, and probably spend way too much time here. at least I can access at work. hehe

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Search on Yahoo for "vintage mustang parts" led me to the parts section and then to here.

Haven't been to the parts section in months, bu tthen again I don't need much now!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I found it on May 8, 1998, while it was still a courtave.net newsgroup. I've just followed along through all the changes. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Oh, how did I LOCATE it? General web search for Mustang info led me to the FAQ page....

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
I was a regular on fomoco.com, but got fed up with negative feedback and a nearly complete emphasis on NOS stuff over there. Jeff Speegle invited me into VMF, saying it was a bit friendlier, and Bob's been trying to get rid of me ever since. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif That was March, 1999.

G

·
0 Posts
IIRC, I typed "vintage mustang mailing list" into Yahoo/Google, and this was one of the sites I got. I actually dismissed this site at first, primarily because when I first checked it out, being a non-registered-user, I only saw like 10 messages on the first page, and something like 9 of them didn't ever change. It looked like the board was pretty much dead. Little did I know that still waters run deep. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

So, for a month or so, I hung out on stangnet, which definitely had the immediate populated appearance. I finally came back here to see why people gave a @#$% about this site (it was referenced several times on stangnet) and discovered the page numbers on the bottom and the preference for threads per page. Duhhh.

Anyway, I eventually saw the light and, having only limited time to begin with, made this site my new home.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Dan - You need to post that text of that....Dickson

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Used the whats related button on the computer & it directed me here. Very glad I found this place. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I was browsing the web for mustangs and found a link for VMF
clicked on here and saw all the smart, knowledgable people here that contribute to the maintenance and preservation of our rides...
not to mention restoration!!!

I'm glad to be a part of such a place!!!!

it is sort of an escape from a world filled with bills, homework and
such.....

Thanks guys!!!! And Gals!!

:)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I thought you started this forum back in the Ben Hur days. *G*

·
1,210 Posts
Easy....just a simple AltaVista search for "Vintage Mustang" a link click and it sent me right to Bob's
web page. Then to the forums.

It's a great thing.

Later,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I had come across Bob's website and I think it was even before he had started the VMF and bookmarked it so I could check back from time to time to see any updates. One time I was checking some of my save links and signed up for the VMF.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts