Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how to adjust an Edelbrock Carb. I'm a little rich smelling and I want to lean it out but I don't know how. I know there are two mixture knobs on the front of the carb, but which is air and which is fuel. And what way do I turn them to add or take away. I also know that there are two idle type screw on the side I know the top is for idle what is the other. THanks, Dave

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The 2 screws on the front are for idle mixture ... one for the left side, one for the right. Turn them in for leaner (clockwise), or out for richer (counter clockwise). Both should be set to about the same position.

The 2 screws on the side are for idle. One for curb idle, and the other for fast idle (when the choke is closed).

·
Registered
657 Posts
You probably need to jet it down, I sure did on mine. 2 steps actually!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The 2 screws on the front are both for idle mix... To change the mix under throttle, you gotta change jets/rods. You determine the jet/rod combo by figuring out how much richer in power and in cruise mode you wanna go, finding where they meet on the chart in the back of the instruction manual, and then finding the dot closest to that. I had to go a couple steps richer in both cruise and idle and had to change springs in mine. You just have to try a combo and see how it performs, if its not what you want try a different one. Not alot of science to it, honestly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts