Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of trying to adjust the side windows on my 65' mustang coupe. The windows close nicely but are not straight at the top. The back is up high enough but the front has to go up about a 1\4 of an inch. There is new regulators and the doors are fit to perfection. I have a diagram of how to adjust the back of the windows ( farthest from hinges) but how do I get the front up. There is a plug that pops out and a nut that loosens, also an allen screw there on the back but this does nothing but raise or lower the back of window. I have the panel off and there are 2 bolts that hold the regulator arm in a short track. They say to adjust this, but there is not much travel in this and it changes nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on the sequence of raising the front end up to the hieght of the window frame at vent window?? Please reply by e-mail if you could as I have a hard time finding the replys in the forums sometimes.- Thank you -----JIM TURNER ([email protected])

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jturner on 04/15/01 08:10 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I had almost the same problem.. first check to make sure the scissor assembly is in right, make sure all the rollers are connected properly to the scissors (they tend to come out), also check to make sure that the roller that goes in the track attached to the door is in properly. Hope this solves the problem

'66 coupe resto in progress... IT NEVER ENDS

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I believe you will need to lower the rear adjuster a bit. I know, it's counter intuitive but if you lower the rear a bit it will stop the rear of the window first will the remaining window regulator travel will continue pushing on the window until the front raises up.

Hope that works!

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts