Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This picture is probably too big to use as a sig pic. How do I make it smaller? Of course my engine really looks cool when it's this big on your screen, right?!?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i guess that's kinda big since most people run small resolutions. mine is pretty big but mine isnt 65KB so I think it's OK. as for editing it, just open the file in any image editing program i think even ms paint supports all the file formats now.look for an option called resize or scale, sometimes its under the tools or edit menu and then resize it to whatever size you want. most of the programs have an option that lets you 'scale' resize it which means it doesn't distort the image length or width wise. then just save it and re upload it to wherever you are hosting the file. if you need help you can AIM me at rasmg3030

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1. You can only upload JPG images or GIFS (no bmp's, use a converter tool like Paint Shop Pro if you only have bmp's)
2. You should 'crop' out anything in your images that is not needed. (example, your car is taken with a lovely mountain in the background. Crop means getting rid of the mountain, and keep just the picture of the car)
5. Usually, an image of 640x480 or 800x600 is large enough to get your point across. Use a tool like Paint Shop Pro mentioned above to 'resize' or 'resample' your images if they are too big.

Here are some hints I had laying around. .. Not this forum specific, but the big thing is .. the hint about www.jasc.com and paintshop pro. its not crazy hard like photoshop or something.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
You do have a beautiful engine compartment. But, I had read all the other posts that answered you before my "steam powered" dialup got your picture drawn in. It would still look good at about half the size.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. This was really just a test pic to make sure it would upload properly. Also thanks for the compliment on the engine compartment, I had just finished the new radiator install and haven't put the decals on or even cleaned it up yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts