Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these rims the other day which look like Vintage 45's. I got the old tires pulled off of them, and noticed the markings inside. They are made by Ansen Automotive, and each rims has it's own serial number along with another letter/number configuration.

Anyway to tell what year these were made? I did a little research and found that Ansen was the original manufacture of these style rims, and started them back in 1963.

Anyone know how I can date them?

I can post the numbers on the rim if that will help?

Thanks

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Date them.... :eek: As in finding out the date these were manufactured! ;)

Thanks Frank, I should of realized where I was posting this first! :: Can't get away with anything on the VMF...

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that helps a little bit. If Ansen turned into American in 1974, I would think they stopped stamping the inner rims with the Ansen stamp, meaning they would be pre-dated from 1974 ?

One of the guys at the shop seems to think the serial number has something to do with the date, and suggested they were made around November 1966.

I don't see how ?

Here's what is stamped on one of the rims.

ANSEN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING GARDENA CALIF

SER NO U27 7J06 TE 156

There might be a faded number in between the two 7's, but hard to tell.

Just noticed another thing. You mentioned these being called Top Eliminator's, and the last stamping has the initials TE 156.

Anybody know how long the Top Eliminators were built? Getting closer......

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Start with a witty come-on line, like "what's a nice rim like you doing in a joint like this?", Then maybe buy the rim a drink, try to act sensitive to the rims feelings, and once it softens up to you, see if you can't get it's number and set up a date.

Sorry, just having a little fun with your post title!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts