Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a junked 1970 coupe I used for parts and now i need it off the side yard before SWMBO kills me. This thing is ugly. Not a usable part or panel on it anymore. I've called a few junkyards and no one will take it. Does anyone know of a way i can get rid of this thing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
congrats on the 200th post( u just swithced titles) my best idea would to be take it a metal scrapyard theyll def take it they might even pay u for it!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Put it on ehay with a "rare and desirable" description and a $10K reserve. It only takes one....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put it on 'the auction site' with no reserve. Someone will buy it and haul it away.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If you can get your hands on a sawzall, just cut it up into managable pieces and haul it to your local recycling yard.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I did that and got a local scrap dealer to take it. We split the cost of the tow and he got the car for free.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
call the junk yard, if is mostly torn apart (interior removed,etc.) the will leave a check and tow it away for free, however, remove the interior and I can't remember what else or the will charge you to remove it.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Recycle that sucker.

Call your local recycler and see if they will take it. They might even come and get it.

That's where all the cars in the wrecking yard go when they are done with them. They wrecking yards should be able to tell you who to call.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Donate it to your favorite charity for a big tax write-off ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
952 Posts
If the floors are good you may get some interest on the east coast plus if it had a 351 in it you have 9" rear end that is worth some dough. I have the same thing you are talking about but the floors are excellent and it has the 9". There is some interest but being out west definately make it tougher.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'll tell how I do it. I strip the car at my leisure. When I have every thing off I want, save the suspension, I put it on my trailer. I then jack it up and put crossties under the floorpans. I then let the jack down and then I'm free to strip the suspinsion and rear end. Once it is all stripped, I tow the trailer down to the junkyard. The guy there unloads it with a strap with his wrecker. He lifts it a few inches and I pull the trailer out. As long as I got a good title, he doesn't charge me anything...conversely he doesn't give me anything for it either. They get (I think) $1 per 100lbs, so to them it's pennies from heaven. I'm happy cause SWMBO isn't about to kill me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The metal recycle'r will pay you about $30- per Ton, let's see - a rusted out shell - about enough for a case of beer !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts