Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get my vent window frames replated. How do I get the vent window out of the frame? Have removed the nut, spring etc. from below. Also removed the long window track. How about getting the rear stainless section out. Looks like I need to drill a couple rivets and remove a screw to get down to the bare casting to get it replated. Any suggestions much appreciated. How about the repro frames? Have heard that they are not very good. Any comments?

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. That is what it looked like but I did not want to force anything. I guess I just need to apply a little more force; like our neighborhood 16 pound sledge hammer and a gentle touch.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bernie, thanks for all of the detail. I will try what you suggested. It looked like it should come out with a little pressure. but I never like to force things until I know if they are really supposed to come out that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.