Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a new 600 c.f.m. still in the box. Saw it on "craigslist" for sale locally. My brother picked it up for me, because I was at work, so I bought it sight unseen for $150.00. It has a manual choke (easily changed to electric, right?). The only thing in the box with it was an installation dvd and warranty registration card. There was no model number on the box. Is there any way to I.D. the carb by just looking at it? Also, my car is a stock 302 2bbl. Is this too much carburetor for the engine?
All that's been done to modify performance is dual Flowmasters w/ H pipe and the Pertronix 2 module and coil. I don't plan to modify the engine internals but will the original heads work with this carb.? Remember, you're leading the blind here. Also, I already have an Edelbrock Performer intake for it which I bought used.
The seller said he paid Summit $329.00 for it so it sounded like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
The part number is the "list" number on the air horn. You can go to Holley.com and look it up that way, or post the number here.....

·
Registered
556 Posts
There are numbers all over, but one will be a little larger and say "list" before it. It may say something like "LIST 1850-3". Just look around and you will find it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
and we all know you will just like the rest of us :)
R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts