Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the original Midland booster on my '68 GT with a replacement unit that I got a few years ago and had stored away. I removed the original from the car and compared it to the replacement unit. They're identical except that the replacement doesn't have the actuating rod that connects to the brake pedal. I've tried to remove the rod from the original and it won't come out. I took the old booster completely apart and can't find out what is holding the rod in place. Is there a clip of some kind in there somewhere? How do I get it out?

G

·
Dan,,,,there IS a retaining clip in there that keeps the pedal rod in place.What i would advise is to take the booster to a brake-supply house nearby and pay the dude there 15 or 20 bucks to swap them for you.Believe me,,,it is money well spent,,i trashed one trying to find the push clip that is hidden below the bakelite"pancake"I ruined the rubber diaphragm trying to get ahold of the clip. Take my advice.Please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts