Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to hook up a holley 4160 to the existing throttle rod linkage on my 67 vert with a 289. I have tried using a clip type thingy that snaps over the rod and the rod goes through a hole in it (sorry for the technical ignorance of the actual name), but it doesn't work well and causes quite a bit of bind. There is a big hole in the linkage arm on the carb that looks like it would require some type of spacer for the rod to connect to it correctly. Does anyone have a picture of a holley hooked up using the regular rod on the engine, or is there somewhere I can get adapters or spacers of some type to make the hook up work? Right now I am getting at most one half throttle available. Help!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! this is what I was looking for. I got blown off the line by an Aspire yesterday when I couldn't get any throttle thanks to my cobbled up linkage. VERY embarassing. ::

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had the same problem too. Instead of the clip, I just drilled a hole through the throttle rod and used a pin-type clip and a couple of washers. You can also use a cotter pin.
Don't have pics now, but I can take some later and e-mail them to you. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Here is my trick...Drill a hole in the shaft and use a cotter pin, BUT, in order to keep things straight (and looking halfway correct) take the old clip and cut off the back side of it (see picture). It will hold the rod in line with the carb better. http://www.mustangsteve.com/700DP_side.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts