Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone at the last show told me there was a difference between the 65 and 66 center console end caps. Is there? If so how do you tell the difference between the two? Can you interchange them? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Yes, they are interchangable. The '65 is smaller whereas the '66 is taller - both same width of course. Sorry, no pictures but I'm sure someone will chime in w/ some.

·
Premium Member
7,376 Posts
No No No, not interchangeable.

The AC units are not the same size. Because of this, the endcaps are different THICKNESSES so they will come up flush with the AC unit. The console is cut at the same place, so to "close" the gap, one endcap is much thicker than the other. There is a part number on the underside, a C5 for 65 and a C6 for a 66. I have both of them, I think, at home on a shelf, and can take a picture, if needed.

BTW, the 65 is reproduced a LOT cheaper than the 66. Do not know why, just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks! I will check it out when I get back home from college. I plan on tossing her up on ebay over xmas break and want to make sure I dont misrepresent what I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts