Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Woodward Dream Cruise is only days away. I will be leaving Wed. morning and take in other places of intrest while in the area (Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village). I'll be traveling about 500 miles (one way).
I was wondering, how far others travel to see the "largest classic car show in the world".

Ed

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm in Houston and I would be there if my car was done, so I guess I would drive about 1200+ miles one way.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Is Ft Lauderdale far enough? In a 64 conv.?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I'm 40 miles from there and have never gone(been here since '95). I grew up in Northern New Jersey and can't stand crowds anymore.

I must be an old fart.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am driving from Iowa. Its darn near 600 miles door to door to my brothers house in Berkley (Suburb of Detroit).
I am cheating though, I am trailering my car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I only have to drive about 15-20 miles from my house to Woodward. The cars are starting to show up. I like going out there during the week before the crusie (Now) because it gets so crowded during the cruise that you can hardly move. The traffic is terrible but there are definetely a lot of beautiful cars out there. I most likely will leave my cars home and just take my truck. It has gotten real expensive to park anywhere even close to Woodward. So if you can get out there any night this week you can park for free, see lots of cars, and have room to move.

Have a blast!

·
Registered
284 Posts
This will be my fourth year driving from central Uh-Hi-Uh.

Its funny how many locals around the dream cruise seem surprised that we would drive that "far".

I think its a blast!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm a local. It's in my home town. Been to every one of the Cruises and I'll tell you that I am still flabbergasted at the people and the cars. It is the most awesome event. Most folks in town get excited just seeing the cars on the side streets going to and coming from Woodward.
There's a cool book being sold by the Detroit Free Press commemorating the 10 years of the WDC. Just go to freep.com and to their on-line store and you can order it.
For most of us, there are 4 holidays in summer. Memorial day, July 4th, the WDC and then Labor day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts