Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Doing ok on the west side of Michigan. Picjked up my 2" pipe to make the roll bar for FBD today. Going to go and cut the pipe tomorrow night. Then it will be ready for welding. I have a guy I work with that is going to weld it. then we should be fitting it into the car this weekend.
I hope all goes well and I can hit the track on the 15th.
we will see. The big track time will be on the 22nd of Aug. The west Michigan Mustang Club is going to 131 Motorsports Park in Martin. It is a Friday night test and tune. I will see if I am really in the 13's or not!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm doing well got to work on the car this past weekend and will get another day with it this coming weekend trying to finish the engine bay painting and such then off to rebuild the suspention.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi Mark! All is well in Howell. Just cutting the lawn and enjoying the day. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Oh I was thinking (trouble I know) What do you think of a euchre tournament at the BBQ to get to know the couples better Let me know what you think. Dawn

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Everything is great here on the shores of Lake Erie, in Ohio.Since my headaches seemed to let up a bit(chronic cluster headaches)got a little welding done on the fastback the last couple days..boy do I suck at welding.. :p :eek:.A guy I went to school with was visiting my neighbor and we got talking about the fastback, and I told him I was at a stand still working on it, because my brother (a bodyman) was always using his mig at home to keep his boys go-carts together,and he told me that his wife bought him one 2 years ago, and that he hasn't even turned it on yet, and if I wanted to use it he would bring it over..just have to replace the gas and wire of course. :D Its not as good as my brothers, just a high and low heat setting on it, so it is taking some adjusting for me..but hey..Im working on the car again ::..on another note,Me,SWMBO and the girls(14&16)(and 2 of their friends)are off to CT's neck of the woods on Sunday, to get a little camping in. We are headed to a park outside of Fort Wayne.If things work out ok, Im gonna try to arrange to meet CT one of the days I am there...if he isnt too tied up in his tranny swap..and if he is, Ill lend a hand (will give me a break from 4 teen-age girls ::)

Also..Dawn..a euchre tourney sounds great..me and swmbo are not sure if we can make it yet(trying to change some things on the schedule)but if we do, I will need a partner..swmbo doesnt play. Before I found this forum, I would spend all my "on-line time" at playsite.com playing euchre...havent been there in awhile..wonder why :p
By the way..you will all notice that I can tend to be a bit long winded..lol..Ill just say "sorry" now, and for all future posts..just cant help myself :p

Joe

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I will, I will post some picks when I get it in!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, it has been quite around the GLF lately. I'll give you my update. I finally got my Mustang out on the road this weekend. (First time this year.) I have been battling an overheating problem. I flushed the system 7 times, installed a new radiator, fan shroud, thermostat and topped it with a gano filter. Car seems to be running cool now. I am happy with the results. I wanted to get everything done for the dream cruise so I made it.
Now I have to make a decision on going to a T5 or AOD...

Glenn

·
Registered
29 Posts
Everything is good here in the Flint area. actually Mt. Morris. I have been trying to get some welding done on the mustang, slow going when you are learning how to weld and learning body work at the same time. I figured I might as well try to save a little money and do it all myself, wish me luck.

Mike

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Everything in Columbus is ok. I have been cleaning the boss for the MCA show this weekend.We will not be able to make the BBQ it is our anniversary that weekend.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sorry you cant make it! Maybe next year. Happy Anniversary. Nick and I will be married 16 yrs on the 21 of August. (Nick are you reading this... I would like a rally pac for the stang) Take care, Dawn

·
Registered
793 Posts
Everything is going good here in central Indiana. I have finally completed all of the projects on my Mustang things to do list and I am trying to decide what to do next. Have even thought about selling this one and starting again. Talking with KAR about a '65 fastback.

Dave

·
Registered
286 Posts
All is well out here in the Kalamazoo area. I have been putting in too many hours at the shop and have not had a chance to play with the mustangs.
There is a great car show in Comstock on Saturday. I think we'll cruise the CS out there and check it out.

·
Registered
971 Posts
All is well here in the small town of Farwell, I would have thought we would have afew more members involved with this site by now.
Maybe they are all busy and don't know we have one yet , huh? ::

·
Registered
81 Posts
An A-O-K in Monroe MI. Was going to hit the Ford Stampeede in Dearborn this weekend--Decide to go to the local show in town instead. "Hot Summer Nights" at Friendly Ford this saturday if anyone is interested. Other than that, all electric problems are gone and doing some final detailing before Woodward Cruise. Lets hope this rain stays away.
Rob :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Everything is Ok!
got pretty wet yesterday. Drove the Coupe
to Twelve Oaks mall. It rained pretty darn hard.
My son left the vent window open. took some water.
Other than that. Life is good.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey you live close by, passed by us on the way to 12 Oaks, how about coming to the 1st Annual Great Lakes VMFers Crusie In (BBQ & picnic).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts