Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my heads back together and I just finished re-painting them today. My heads have been a massive hold up to getting my engine going.

I just loaded up the cam and timing set late today so the cam is all gooped up with the appropriate goop. I have the lifters drinking oil tonight and they will go in tomorrow with more red sticky Comp Cams goop on the lifters.

I am still a ways from being able to re-paint the front subframe and fender panels, fire wall, etc of my car though. I stopped working on it to finish the engine.

I will be priming up the oil pump and all the oil passages before the first start. Mostly, I'm concerned about the solid flat cam and lifters and how long that red stuff will hold up just sitting.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. I guess I'm good then. When I goop up the cam and lifters I don't spare the goop. I have to break this thing in with only the outer valve springs so that helps take some of the pressure off.

The engine stand that my Cleveland is on is about to have a stroke on me. I guess I'm going to have to get a stronger one for that chunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts