Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not really seen this particular question so thought I'd ask for those wondering.

How long has your FCC been in operation and trouble free?

I considered getting this but with all the issues I have read am thinking I will not.

I have a few weeks to decide before the FI system ships so am doing a little trolling in the forums.

thanks,

Victor

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Do you have AC in your car? I couldn't use the command center because the AC hoses were in the way. Or if you have your battery in the trunk, the command center should fit in the stock battery area. But as far as issues, I haven't read of any.

·
Registered
457 Posts
How are your AC hoses in the way? I'm confused on that part.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That system is attractive at the 1000 price point...2000+ is just too much IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Costwise I'd say not really. I'm doing it more so for the little added benefits you get like smoother idle when you have a can that is lower and the much better afr's throughout the range. If I gain an additional few houses then why not? It's definitely not worth it dollar for dollar but it's a new toy :)
Is it really worth it to go EFI? A good carb has always served me well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Spent $1150 for TB and FCC = start up cold drive away just like your new car, no stalling if not completely warmed up.

Warm restarts no problem, perfect AF ratios, great idle, with carb had to idle at 950rpm, EFI I could go to 800rpm or lower.

Better response. May not make more HP but overall drivability so much better.

Can change fuel settings from inside car. Adjust and experiment with different timing settings in the car.

No regrets would do it again

Ranks up there with EPS, 5 speed conversion

Larry

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have a FiTech (meanstreet) and FCC, been installed for about 3-4 months daily driven with no issues. It really is awesome how much smoother it makes the car run in all weather/conditions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grabber Blue,
that was a very good price for both items.
How did you manage that?

Boom,
That is promising news, thx for the info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the command center power wire melt in the 6 pin connecter.
No power-No pump-No go.
Took a minuet or two to find that...

·
Premium Member
570 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I had to cancel my Command Center order because the AC hoses were going to be in the way. It would have been cheaper and less headache to go with the command center but it wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had to cancel my Command Center order because the AC hoses were going to be in the way. It would have been cheaper and less headache to go with the command center but it wasn't meant to be.

Think you would have had enough room. I don't have A/C but I can see the punch out where the hoses would be.

I did eliminate the washer bottle that I haven't used in 27 years

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Thanks Grabber Blu but that ship had sailed months ago. Also I have the 24" radiator so that might have been in the way too when I measured.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Grabber Blue,
that was a very good price for both items.
How did you manage that?

Boom,
That is promising news, thx for the info.

Well there $1390 for both items, 10% Summit discount code provided by member Israel $1390-$139=$1251-FiTech $100 rebate-$1151.

I considered EFI last year but felt I couldn't justify $2500-$2800.

But for the $1150 plus $25 for the vent line. You get every thing to basically to hook it up in the kit

Larry

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks Grabber Blu but that ship had sailed months ago. Also I have the 24" radiator so that might have been in the way too when I measured.
Thats true I have a 20" and have the FCC as far down as I could get it.

I went this route because I replaced my fuel tank 2 yrs ago with a stainless one and never thought EFI could be in my future at the $2500 range.

Thought about the Stealth setup but they get a lot money and you have to drill a big hole in the top of your tank. The FCC seem to be the answer although wasn't happy adding under the hood.

All in all by mounting it as low as I could and sending the lines through the apron and out the bottom it doesn't look to bad. I didn't want the lines to go mid air to the TB unit

Larry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts