Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many special edition, regional sales promotions we can ad up.

For instance, we all know about the California Specials; then there were the High Country Specials for the Denver area; and there were the Twister Specials for Kansas. I've also heard of Ski Country Specials and I think Bluebonnet Specials for Texas. I believe I remember reading about a Cardinal Special (?) for some area too.

Has anyone heard of any others? I suppose any individual dealer could have dreamed up his own thing, and had decals made. Does anyone have a unique edition that no one's seen before?

It would make an interesting web site, if there isn't already one.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I think there were a couple special Mustang II editions. I wonder if BOSS cars fall into this catagory? Maybe not since FORD had to produce them to run in the Trans-Am Races.
How about the PACE CARS that were built? What about the "Playboy Thing" or the new 2003 MACH1?

G

·
The 68 Golden Nugget Mustang is Gold, not yellow. The car pictured in ITD600 listing is a GNS but when restored was painted incorrectly with the wrong quarter panel reflectors. See the Gold Nugget Website. There were 421 sold in the Northwest. I've located 4, including the one I bought last year. Any other input from other owners is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts