Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being from Wisconsin and not knowing where everyone is I was wondering.
How many VMF folks have actually met in person?
No names and such just Yeah I have met 5 guys from here sort of answer.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,917 Posts
It's possible I've met the most VMFers of anyone here on this board... I'm certainly in the top ranks at least because I'm more migratory than most. I'd guess that I've met 40-60 VMFers over the past 9 years. Some at the Charlotte Auto Fair, quite a few at the Charlotte Mustang 50th Anniversary, a good number at Knotts / Hot August Nights, and many others on my travels around the States. There's a crew of 10 or so of us who run around central Texas as well.

And I've only had to get restraining orders against 10 or 15 of them!! :p I kid, I kid. Pretty much everyone I've met has been very cool.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,414 Posts
We used to have an informal VMF meetup at the Charlotte bi-annual car show and also when they had the 35th and 50th Mustang Nationals there so I've met about a dozen I guess. One was the founder of this forum. I bet Kelly has met as many as anybody.

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
I've met two that I know of, and hope a third one buys an old engine from me soon. I may have met some more of you in Charlotte etc and just didn't realize it...

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,355 Posts
I found out about VMF via the Mustang club that I joined so I met a couple of dozen. . They were also members of the Mustang club. Most don't seem to be active on here. A few are. I met two who weren't members of the Mustang club but one I worked with and found out he was member when we were talking Mustangs one day..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I've met 5 so far, all nice people. Was hoping to meet another this weekend in Myrtle Beach, but that's not happening.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I've met 5. All are straight up good folks.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I've met a few, probably less than 10. One I definitely consider a friend, and the others as very friendly. Lots of stories and laughs at Hot August Nights. There are a few more I would really like to meet....Zray, Bartl aka Woodchuck, Gypsy, Israel first come to mind, but would they want to meet me? ?

·
Registered
21,341 Posts
Over time, a lot.

Too picture. Back row is i967 with the cap, his wife on the left. I just remember his first name only, Tom. Next I'd Bob and Anna, Dinosawnj and his Mustang.
First row is my wife Bonnie, Lia our daughter and me, Tom. This was close to 20 years ago at a cruise spot near Giants stadium in the parking lot of Whiskey Cafe in East Rutherford NJ.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
3 that I know for sure, but probably many others without realizing it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I must be in the minority; I was headed to Ponies In The Smokies this year and had planned on meeting a few. But as we know that went up in smoke.

·
Registered
308 Posts
As of yet I haven't met anyone. I was hoping to get to the Glen for opening weekend ( I only live about 90 minutes away) but I guess that's out of the question for the immediate future. I'm a backslid member of my local Mustang club but I don't go to meetings very often because a lot of them have modern Mustangs and are a little snobby about the older ones for some reason. Once Diane is out of paint and I get her interior done I hope to at least get her to a cruise.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
2 in person for me, but I feel like I've 'met' quite a few others just from talking with them live over the phone. Lots of parts deals from the 'giving barn' have acquired some new friends... macstang, DanBabb, Redneckgearhead, TvTommy, fordguy, and evans1 among others. I'd love to actually meet them in person as well as all the other knuckleheads that have busted my chops for years.... You all know who you are!! lol

·
Registered
21,341 Posts
As of yet I haven't met anyone. I was hoping to get to the Glen for opening weekend ( I only live about 90 minutes away) but I guess that's out of the question for the immediate future. I'm a backslid member of my local Mustang club but I don't go to meetings very often because a lot of them have modern Mustangs and are a little snobby about the older ones for some reason. Once Diane is out of paint and I get her interior done I hope to at least get her to a cruise.
I'm about 90 minutes from the Glen too.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts