Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the hell out of stroker kits for my 289. I am down to a bare block and need new pistons and rods anyways so figured, what the hell. My only concern is longevity. How many miles are on your stroker? Have you had any issues that you probably wouldn't have had if you didn't stroke. Just trying to get the final "kick in the butt" encouragement to order the kit.(Hopefully today or tomorrow). I am going 347 if you haven't seen my previous posts.

·
Registered
466 Posts
id like to add onto this, make that any stroked engine out there. id like to see if anyone has an probs with any stroke so i can get a feel for things to do and not do. thanks....

·
Registered
77 Posts
35k and no problems at all knock on wood... I have blown a few exhaust gaskets but that is it and a beat on mine. I mean really beat on it like try'n to pick the front wheels up off the ground and everything. I say go for it!
I remember the first time I mashed the pedal on mine. I couldn't stop smiling for who knows how long. ::

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
About 3000 on Lo's 388. No problems at all related to the stroker - except the need to upgrade the rear end !!! ::

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I've only put about 1200 street miles and less than 20 runs at the strip. But that is with 4:11 gears which means the engine has enjoyed more revolutions per mile than is typical. So far, no problems with the stroker part of things.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Well I'd say apx 5k street miles, 2 times Searspoint open track, afew 1/4 miles and that it without a Lick of trouble.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts