Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pair of leather pants today, and I feel really dirty when I am wearing them. I work at a leather retail store and I got a really good deal on them, so I figured it couldn't hurt to have a pair "just in case." The only problem is, when the hell am I gonna wear these things?!??! I am a simple person when it comes to clothing, jeans and a t-shirt basically. And I don't go out much, atleast to places where leather pants wouldn't be considered too crazy. Am I the only one who owns such naughty clothing? Come on women of the VMF, atleast one of you has to have a pair, right?

I am so wearing these at the next NorCal cruise. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, I can hardly stop laughing enough to type......

"Hey Sailor"?!?!?! LOL, I deserve that I guess.

Careful, I might send you a picture of me in them with a little note attached, and then your SWMBO might like to know what is going on......

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Don't have any leather pants, but I do have a red suede leather skirt. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

K

·
0 Posts
Well you made me feel better that I'll be missing the next NorCal cruise /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

My wife says every year that I should buy some leather pants. But not for the reason you're wearing them. I ride my motorcycle long distance and she thinks it would be safer for me to have leather pants to match my leather jacket in case of a get-off. My reasoning against it is that they'll be dang hot riding out on the desert/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Oh and if you wear them just be careful about which bars you frequent/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No leather pants, but do have a heavy set of leather chaps I use with my motorcycle. Never felt odd with them on!!
Now I guess I will just have to question how I wear them. At least with the chaps I always have jeans under them. Some parts of local cities pants under chaps is optional!!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Leather pants........ok....

Patent eather? or natural leather look?

patent leather looks Donkey, but the satin leather is the way to go.

I only have some leather jackets, shoes and boots.....

Does the place you work at sell bulk leather?

let me know

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Now that I think about it...I DO have some leather pants.....

but they are for my GSXR750 Black with darn blue and drak grey
highlights. But that is it.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
My girlfriend has 2 pairs - Red leaher and black leather. She's such a vixen with them... However, I think you should be careful about the connotation you delivery with the pants... Read: above.

·
4,129 Posts
And what Leather retail store would that be? My job takes me into Wilson's upon occasion. I have looked at the leather pants, but like you said where the frill would I wear them? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif But I did get a nice leather jacket from them. fd

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Leather pants are perfect for when you are welding...it keeps the splatter away from your bare flesh, and doesn't burn like cotton, wool, or synthetics.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hehe! are they back in style? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I have a pair that's been hanging in the closest for 20 years! I think I've worn them maybe 5 times. I guess it's true what they say about fashion repeating itself every 20 to 30 years!

K

·
0 Posts
No, no, no say it isn't so.

You've got leather pants????/forums/images/icons/smile.gif They better be for a motorcycle./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Or maybe you liked Burt Reynlonds movies just a tad too much./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Actually a girlfriend at the time thought I needed a pair /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Broke up with her shortly after, probably why they got worn only a few times! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Dave,

I really had you figured for a regular guy, with the girl friend
and all. You really had us fooled. *G*

G

·
0 Posts
Leather is like cowboy hats. On some people they work and on others they dont. If you cant be comfortable and not make wearing them turn you into something you are not then leave em on the hanger. I am lucky, I can wear cowboy hats, leather jackets, and leather pants. That does not mean that I wear em to buy groceries in or to go to church. Just like knowing what colors look best on you, know what types of clothing fit you best!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Ummm, I have a couple of pair of leather pants, Haven't worn them in years, good quality stuff though. They are left over from playing hard rock stage shows in the '80's. (Hey, cummon, I wasn't the ONLY guy wearing leather pants............. *G*). Look, it was either that or spandex.............

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I bet Barbie likes leather pants...

She'd make great company to the NorCal cruise...

Besides, you OWE her some quality time...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts