Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I was out working in the garage, taking the drivers door apart listening to some great rock and roll. Now I looked at the window and it was obvious that the window had to go back and then lift up on the front, but it wouldn't come out and I tried and tried to get it to line up to come out but the stop on the front and roller on the back would not disengage from the track. I being afraid that the window would break was being gentle like handling a baby, when all of a sudden :eek: , there was a clunk and the window came out of the door :D but it was missing the front track part. Beings it is a glue in window it came apart. Now I had known the window had been fixed by the PO but did not expect this to happen!
So now what do I do? Replace all the glass with 70 stuff for the bolt in advantage or do I clean up the windows and reglue them. I know that MM had an article last fall about this and had some new and improved super glue for this but I don't know. I know it would be a lot cheaper to do this than to replace the glass but I don't know right now. But the door is solid and cleaned up well .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts