Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Marti for one ? or know the published # of ones produced. This isn't the same color as Dusk Rose right ??

Did they come in all body styles or just coupe? Would appreciate any pics...

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
There are likely more today than originally ;)

Dusk rose and all the other pinks are different. Special order cars in one of the other shades are often mistaken as "Playboy Pink" cars, thought they are likely rarer.

The old Special Paint Registry did a monthly issue on all the Pinks and paint codes at one time.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff.... does this registry have a website ? I bought a 67 Coupe recently / currently painted Red, after digging around found the original pink paint... kinda weird. I might have to fix this one for my little girl now...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have the Marti info on that. I restored a 67 Playboy pink car last year and sold it at the Spring Mecum Auction. There were 200 Playmate Pink Mustangs. I have the MX mix code back at the shop. You need a blank paint code and this certain MX code to be a true Playmate pink car. Passionate pink had a separate letter code on the door tag.

Here is a link to a pick of my car....

Playmate Pink

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
vamustang said:
Thanks Jeff.... does this registry have a website ? .

No the registry has been inactive for many years.

Since you found just the pink original you should do a little detective work to find out what you have

1- What does the door tag indicate. Is there a paint code? IF not is there a 6 digit DSO?

2- Is there an original buck tag or buildsheet?

3- Marti report time, though Kevin can not tell you the original color, if its a special order paint car, but if it was included in the same order (same DSO) as other cars with the same color that have already confirmed, then you will have some documentation

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeff and Boss1 Howly smokes had to wait until wife and kids left the room ! LOL

I ordered a Marti Report the other day and today I got a call from Kevin Marti. He asked me to take a few pictures of the car, data plate and buck tag.... I tried to ask him questions about it but he wouldn't tell me anything. Just said to email him. Sooo who knows ? The color looks just like the one Boss1 had. I wrote down the Vin # but didn't write down any of the data plate info... shoot !

I will trade ya for that Fiberfab FB Jeff ? That car is so cool ! I still don't understand how that 2 spd rear end works though ?
Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
757 Posts
Your Playboy or Playmate Pink mix code should be:

707908 this should be on the buck tag.

Mine was under special order 7012 from the charlotte district. This means the DSO on your door tag should read: 227012

On my old Marti report, it shows 275 were made under this special order from the Charlotte district. It alos shows the Mix code of 7077908

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Boss1,

The buck tag does say SP PT MX 707908

The door tag is blank for the color and list 227012 for the DSO. Pretty cool. Are you saying they shipped 275 PB Pink Mustangs to just Charlotte alone ? I wonder why they shipped so many to that DSO ? Any additional info would be great.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think it was an easter promotion or something. But the Charlotte DSO ordered the cars. My info came directly from the Marti report on my Pinkie.

Mine sold to the owner of Marvin Windows. He shows it in the Minn. area.

That Pink mustang was my favorite. If you want to sell, I would be a buyer. I will try to post more pictures tomorrow. Lots of the car and the girl...LOL.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Meyer65 said:
Would "too many" be an inappropriate answer? :lol:

Actually no. I drove mine all over...at the time, I also had several Shelbys and Boss 302's. The Pink car got 3 times as much attention. Women loved it.

Rob

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Rob,
Thanks for all your help. I will probably put this one aside and restore for my little girl ( only 4 now ) If anything should change I will contact you. I told my wife about getting a PINK 67 Mustang and this was the first time she has actually showed any interest in an old car ! LOL She was like REALLY ? and that is the Original Color ? Cool... If you can email me additional pictures that would be GREATLY appreciated. Considering all the nice cars you have had over the years, It's surprising to hear that this car got the most attention ?

I paid $300 for it. 90% complete, solid rails front to back, C-code Auto, engine partially apart. It needs total Resto...
Thanks again...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts