·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
166 by my count....

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

4 to post pictures of the event

3 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

2 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

13 to flame the spell checkers

4 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

5 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

6 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

10 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

13 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum

6 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

3 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

9 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

14 to ask what is a "FAQ"

3 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

14 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

·
Registered
546 Posts
You missed two.
One to post that he and SWMBO also changed some light bulbs recently, and of course,
One to ask what SWMBO stands for.
Oh yeah, and one more. Someone will need to refer the last poster to CAMACHINIST's list of VMF acronyms.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Man, you have waaaay too much time on your hands. Of course, you forgot in your haste to mention whether the "lamps" are incandescent, quartz halogen, zenon, flourescent, high pressure sodium, low pressure sodium, mercury vapor, metal halide,etc. Maybe they are just trying the wrong light switch.

Anthony

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Add at least 2 posts to say, "you have way too much time on your hands". :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
And at least one to say that this is the reason they abandoned lightbulbs long ago; they now use candles. ::

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hey - as per Dave Sanborn - real men eat glass and wire, then poop a lightbulb or light bulb or lamp.

BTW - ME FOUR!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
LoL

You also forgot that at least:

3 to point out that the original topic has been de-railed and that the post turned into a "free post".
6 to jump in on the free post..
1 'And this one time at band camp........"

-A.J.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
And of course . . .
1 to refer to an Ehay auction selling a repro lightbulb at a ridiculously inflated price with a claim that the light bulb is NOS for a Shelby lamp, which is clearly incorrect as Shelby only made white 75 watt light bulbs and this one is a clear 100 watt

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Absolutely Hysterical.

That leaves out everyone who reads the post, but who are only lurking in the shadows.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Someone has WAY too much time on their hands.... ;)

We don't change lamps here. If the lamp blows out you just have to run with it or you may ruin the zen of the moment.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
You left out the beer drinkers of the VMF...
So here goes my attempt ::
The correct number is 10 with SWMBO holding the light bulb and the other 9 VMF members drinking so much that the room starts spinning.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
5 - guys arguing over whether or not the correct bulbs should be Tung-Sol or GE.

2 guys to pull the bulbs to see if they have the relevant date codes on the back (yep, they're date coded)

16 gripes on whether or not clone bulbs carry the same prestige and value as the originals ("hey, if they didn't originally go through the TS factory, they ain't a TS. Just because mr. Tung-Sol puts his name on them doesn't make them original!)

42 guys buying up all the old nasty TS bulbs to make clones. Price of old, nasty TS bulbs goes through the roof

12 guys having a fistfight in the parking lot over the old 2-bulb vs. 4 bulb headlight system and which is best

1 author's 15 page article in Mustang Times describing the different shades of reflective aluminum backgrounds and when the factories made the changeover.

2 guys in Detroit who worked on the assembly line in the 60s now making a fortune selling bulbs they stole 40 years ago rather than going to jail for their crimes.

Dave ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
And of course . . .
1 to refer to an Ehay auction selling a repro lightbulb at a ridiculously inflated price with a claim that the light bulb is NOS for a Shelby lamp, which is clearly incorrect as Shelby only made white 75 watt light bulbs and this one is a clear 100 watt
LOL You beat me to it on the Shelby :: ::. Hey, one more post :D ::

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow! This just begs the question, "Do any of you have jobs?" I kinda do and I sit here all day and read this forum, but I'm only 18, who needs a job when you're living off of your parents...lol! But seriously, we all have way too much time on our hands.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I don't think I ever said that. But Clone does seem to have the numbers a little low. The number of VMFers that it takes to change a light bulb is in direct proportion to the number of VMFers who consider themselves "hobbyists" as they haul their "project car" off to the body shop to have someone else make it pretty. Do you really want to bring this topic up again?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts