Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we see myself (dodgestang) showing off my prowles with my old c6.
http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/ENGIN025.jpg

And here we see, cantedvalves saying hello to his new AOD.
http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/cvtranny.jpg

So that begs the questions...how much do you like your tranny? ::

From chat - bossssssssssman: "geeez, these new penis enlargement pills really DO work!!"

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i hate my c4, i just had it rebuilt but it shifts like a pansey ass.. i wanna bark the tires . im getting a stageII transgo soon .!! the only thing i like about my tranny is the megashifter connected to it

·
Registered
981 Posts
well I think my tranny is pretty good except for needing the aode lower gear set.I don't think I like it enough to pose with it though. And I don't believe I have taken any pictures of it. ::

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have a T56 6 speed and love it. With a 4.56 gear in the rear end it is like a rocket out of the hole and in 6th gear at 70 MPH it turns 2000 RPM. To me it is the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
you wanna sell me your T56 for i dont know, 150 bucks ?? ive always wanted a T56 or a richmond 6 speed....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
yea, i was wondering what the deal is with them mounting the tranny like that ,.... trying to add another gear to it eh ?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I really like my AOD also, its been 5 years of bliss and going strong. That cantedvalve photo reminds me of MiniMe humping the lazer :eek: on the SPY WHO SHAGGED ME. John

G

·
I have alot of fun with my C4...With the B&M shift kit I put in it, the whole car shakes (in a good way :D ) when it shifts. Bangs through the gears very nicely!

But I would love to have a T5 stuffed in there, because there's just somethin' about shiftin' :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i'd KILL to have a T5 or richmond 6 speed or whatever... my C4 is really built up and the hurst quarter stick and manual valve body is a lot of fun, but i'm sooo used to driving a clutch and desperatly want overdrive to make my car a little more drivable, 3:89 gears and 24 inch tires don't do to well on the highway..... *tear rolls down cheek*

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
HMMMMMMM I payed $2500 for it so let me think about it. NO

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Not sure i like it as much as the guy in the truck there!

I have T-5 that was redone with all the T-5Z goodies, carbon fiber blocker rings, roller bearing mainshaft ect, have the 2.95 1st and a .80 fifth. Works great around town, and on the track the 5th gear is now something you can use.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Come on guys, this is a family forum..... :p

I hate my old i-6 C4 because it's laying in a box next to my car, disassembled and rusting, and the C4 attatched to the 64 falcon 260 that my g-pa picked up 6 years ago is supposedly in great condition. If i use that one, it gets rebuilt and a shift kit.

I would love a T-5, but I'm still in the early learning stages of driving a stick shift.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i'd love to put in an aod tranny.are they a direct bolt in or is there a conversion kit for it and where do you find an aod.? ::

·
Registered
477 Posts
I love my Richmond 6 speed. However, I mounted mine.....
in the car ;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~hjnsn/6speed.jpg

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'd love my transmission, if my car had one... or for that fact a motor! ::

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ya know... I really enjoy shifting my Tremec TKO.
But I'm not quite sure that I enjoy my tranny as much as you do, LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts