Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local salvage yard today to get a price on Granada front spindles, calipers, and proportioning valve. They changed ownership, so they don't let you pick anymore, or even let you back in the yard to inspect the car. I asked the gentleman there to price the entire assembly with the rotors attached, as it will be an easy pull that way for the yard hand. He will call me later with a price. I'll also consult my granada swap printout which has prices also, to make a relative comparison. What are you all paying? Thanks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I paid $100 for everything excluding the proportioning valve because I wanted an adjustable valve. In the end I decided to replace calipers,rotors,pads,hoses,bearings,tie rod ends. I estimate that those parts cost between $200 and $250. Make sure the granada is between a 1975 and 1980. If you are really on a budget check around with other yards that you can inspect the donor and you might find some that are usable as is.

Good Luck

G

·
0 Posts
I agree. About $100.00. Expect to replace the rotors and use the calipers for cores. Get the proportioning valve as well.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Nice new pic....Is that your car? Dickson

·
Registered
683 Posts
I went to an old u-pick place way out in the country. The guy told me I could have any and/or all of the brake system that I wanted for $100. I took complete front spindle assemblies, hoses, lines and proportioning valve. I opted out on the power booster, as I wasn't feeling that energetic. I ended up buying new rotors and hoses, but all else worked out fine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have a complete 78 Granada with 302, c-4, and 8" rear for $75 and drove it home. The brakes are at least 75% and usable as is. The engine does not smoke and trans shifts good. A friend runs a wrecker and a couple left it when they moved during the night. I also have the title. If you have room and understanding wife and neighbors, this will give you all the little parts you forgot and trading material, too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I paid $85 and they pulled. Spindles, calipers, rotors and porportioning valve. Rotors were good. I used the calipers as cores, bought new bearings, seals and hoses.

Scott

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
19,357 Posts
I paid $40 for loaded spindles, which I removed myself. I only kept the spindles, nuts, dust plates, and caliper bolts. Everything else has been replaced with new parts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I paid $110 for the works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts