Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I have a dyno appointment on Friday.
This weekend I tried to finish up my March Pulley install and Spal Fan install on DT as well as replace the gasket on the driver side header which is leaking pretty badly.

So yesterday I spent most of the day figureing out to mount my alt and planned on fixing the header today.

So right after I start work in the garage, I hear screaming from in the house, I run in to see the world's largest grease fire ::

I managed to get it out, but at the cost of second degree burns on my right hand. The way I figured it as a reached through the flames for the sink, it was better to suffer some burns than to lose the whole house. Here is some pics of the aftermath:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/fire1.jpg

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/fire2.jpg

Here is some good information to all you people thinking about remodeling....use the good stuff. I put in Granite counter tops and slate tile backsplash. The fire cheif showed up just in time to see me put the last of it out and said all the rock materials are the only reason the house is here. If it had been a particle board formica coutertop, we would have lost everything.....instead, we just need to do a thorough cleaning and repaint.

VERY LUCKY

Off course this means since I just got back from the hospital the header gasket is still leaking.....so should I still go to the dyno?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Wow the pics of the ceiling actually look cool....... but yes camera is crap compared to the eye.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello_Ouch!You have a lovely home,by the way.Glad it wasn't torched.That's why I keep a fire extinguisher in my kitchen.Don't be too hard on the poor girl.She must feel terrible.Hope your hand gets better soon! :)

·
Registered
21,375 Posts
WOW :: You're very luckly, glad to see that you didn't loose it.

A friend of mine is a fire inspector and he doesn't smoke. He told me one day he saw smoke in his living room. It was coming from his sofa! Upon investigating, he found that the sun was hitting a piece of chrystal on his coffee table and being magnified to a spot on the sofa, burning it.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I managed to get it out, but at the cost of second degree burns on my right hand.
I know what it feels like. I got a 2nd degree burn on my hip at work last weekend. I was carrying a coffee tapper and the cheap POS lid latch came off and the coffee came splashing out onto my hip. Make sure you keep the burned area clean.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Uuhhh, how did the fire get started?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'm glad no one was seriously hurt and your house is still standing.
Back when I lived with the parents and Mom was home alone a fire started on the stove, but she couldn't control the grease fire. We lost nearly everything and if we didn't have a detached garage we would have lost the mach 1 and the 68 coupe. Mom had minor burns and we rebuilt the house.
SWMBO sometimes wonders why I'm so crazy with fire prevention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts